Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Unhappy How much for a 944?

After puting a lot of time and money into my car, a late model 1985.5 944, i might be forced to sell her. She's my baby, but due to the fact that i recently got a ticket for wreckless driving, i don't think that i'm going to be driving anything soon. My car is white with a tan interior and bith exterior and interior are perfect. The only things worng with the interior are some minor dash cracks, covered by a dash mat now, and the broken hindge on the arm rest. The full leather interior other than the arm rest is perfect. The car is mechanically almost perfect. I recently discovered that the big bolt that holds the power steering pump is broken and it needs replacement, a minor thing, I'll probably fix it in the near future. The car has many mods to increase performance:

MSD 6A Ignition
MSD Blaster 2 Coil
K&N Filter, removed stock box
Dme Chip, forgot which company
huntley 10.3 mm spark plug wires
bosch platinum +4 plugs
Short shift linkage, uses stock shift rod
Came with full header on it
Unknown performance exhaust system
944racing throttle response cam

The engine has about 200,000 miles on it, but I have a beautiful head that was milled and fully rebuilt to put on. The car has new front brakes. Tires have about 90% of tread. New brake and clutch mater cylinders. New clutch fluid line.

I am trying to get an idea of how much i can expect to get for her. Can anyone make a resonable guess? I bought her for $2000, but she's in much better shape than i got her in.

Thankyou all so much.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Feelin' Solexy

I'd guess $2250-$3000
Old 02-17-2004, 03:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Apordes..

Please tell me where you bought all the components for your car..

Im currently working on my 944..and i want as many possible upgrades as possible.
Old 02-17-2004, 04:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Tell us about the "wreckless" driving ticket. If you didn't hit any one or bend your car being reckless then how can they give you a ticket for wreckless driving?

New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 02-17-2004, 05:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to bryanthompson Send a message via AIM to bryanthompson Send a message via Yahoo to bryanthompson
In Nebraska I think speeding 30 mph over the speed limit is considered Wreckless driving. That and racing. Passing in a no passing. Messing with other cars, like not letting them pass.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Ah... "wreckless"????

Try reckless.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
he was driving down the street and managed NOT to hit anyone. Hence, he was driving "wreck-lessly"
Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 02-17-2004, 05:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to bryanthompson Send a message via AIM to bryanthompson Send a message via Yahoo to bryanthompson
Dangit, socal! you and your sarcasm. I didn't realise what you meant until now. I'm a wee bit slow in the morning.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by CJFusco
he was driving down the street and managed NOT to hit anyone. Hence, he was driving "wreck-lessly"

OH!!!

He got a ticket for not hitting any one.

Still would like to know what Apordes did to get the ticket.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Ok ok, i'll tell you how i got the ticket,

I was having some fun on christmas eve with a couple of my friends, we were out driving and one of them proposed a race from where i live to a place about 20 miles away, and back. Me, always being up for a challenge said ok. The whole race was fine until the home strech where i crossed a double yellow line to pass my friend in his honda civic after he had done the same thing. We were on a hill, climbing it when i saw headlights coming in my lane. I hit the brakes, cut back over, but not in time for the oncoming CHP officer to not see me on the opposite side of the road. SHE pulled me over and was very mad, to say the least. She thought i almost killed her, when i had the whole situation under control. I am an excellent driver and i know the limits of my car. So on Friday i am going to court for a reckless driving ticket and i have no idea what the outcome will be. i am praying that it is going to be reduced to a crossing a double yellow line, the i can take traffic school. Who knows how the system works. Oh well it happened, can't go back and fix it now.

If anyone has any suggestions on what i should do please reply.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Feelin' Solexy

You should hand over your license. Racing is done on the track, and "I am an excellent driver" just doesn't cut it.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
that was a short visit to these boards! you dont have to mess with ricers on the road to prove your car is faster... you own a PORSCHE!

anyways, i got insurance yesterday and "supposedly" i have a clean driving record with no tickets or anything.... in reality i have had MANY tickets including the criminal offence of "racing on the highway".

my point is that with enough money and lawyers you can get as many tickets and charges and have them all disapear....

and the racing on the highway ticket cost me about $700 to make that on disapear.

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

You could have killed Santa and ruined Christmas for everyone!

Off with your head!

But seriously passing on a double is very dangerous no matter good a driver you are. "I'm an excellent driver" are the exact words Dustin Hoffman used in the movie Rain Man.

You should feel thankful that you got a ticket. How would you feel if you killed someones kids on Christmas eve? All for the sake of beating a Honduh.

I hope they throw the book at you!

Maine 4x4 Club www.maine4x4.org
Old 02-17-2004, 04:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Bad, bad Apordes!

Me thinks thou are racked!

Deceive us not! Toss thee heckles to the wind!
Old 02-17-2004, 04:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Trevor
"I'm an excellent driver" they say there are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but no old,bold pilots. Take it to the track, you're lucky you didn't kill some one going the wrong way up the hill, the double yellow lines are there for a reason. Grow up bud.
2001 Taurus noooooooooooooo!
1993 325is
Old 02-17-2004, 04:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

Quote:
Originally posted by Trevor
"I'm an excellent driver" they say there are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but no old,bold pilots.
as was our mantra in flight school: "the superior pilot is one that uses his superior intelligence to stay out of situations that would require his superior skills"

take it easy, Apordes. sure, I gots mad skills too. I used to run with Mario, A.J. and the boys ( )

however

no matter how good I am at driving, (or anyone else is, for that matter) there is still way too much opportunity for error and the chance to kill yourself or someone else. just the simple knowledge of this fact keeps me under control. the only thing that I'm confused about is why you feel the need to sell your car. it'll still be there even after you pay the fine
Old 02-17-2004, 06:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

I'm only 17 and my parents technically "own" the car. They think it was a mistake to get it for me.
Old 02-17-2004, 07:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
could have been...

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

go sanctioned SCCA auto-crossing to get it out of your system
Old 02-17-2004, 09:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

well, here's your chance to step up and be a man. tell your parents that you'll face the music and make things right. and if you do it right, they may even let you keep your car. considering of course if you keep yourself out of trouble later
Old 02-17-2004, 10:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: