Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
The ten drivers I hate the most!

10) "Wait - snow is lightly falling, and the roads are still completely dry... I have to drive five miles per hour now and brake slowly for a quarter of a mile before every stoplight."

9) People that hang dream-catchers from their rearview mirrors. Getting a lot of sleep behind the wheel, are we?

8) Anyone who drives a decidedly "normal" car (Saturn, Cavalier, Sunfire, Buick, etc) and puts the a decal of the name of their car on the top of their windshield. This usually accompanies those ugly, silver, "Terminator finger" windshield wipers and plastic "chrome-look" hub caps

7) People who are turning left at a stoplight and attempt to beat the people going straight when the light turns green. These are usually the same people who will cut in front of me - despite the fact that there is no-one behind me - and proceed to drive about 15 mph slower than I was going in the first place.

6) Anyone that sees a "road merging" sign and immediately guns it to get ahead of all the cars in the other lane. I HATE THAT!

5) People that drive just feet away from my back bumper, despite the fact that it's obvious that the car IN FRONT OF ME is the one driving too slowly.

4) People that tell others that they bought their SUV for "safety reasons" and think, "hey, I have an SUV... I can drive even faster than normally when the roads get icy"

3) Rich people that think just because they own a $80,000 Mercedes S-Class, they can park diagonally in front of the gas station convenience store when they pick up milk or cigarettes, thereby blocking an entire row of pumps.

2) Cell-phone drivers. GET OFF THE GOD-DAMNED PHONE.

1) RICERS. They drive dangerously, do unspeakable things to their cars, annoy everyone else with the sound of their exhaust and crappy music, and actually think that they drive race cars.
Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 02-17-2004, 06:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Wow!!! It's like our minds are linked!

Those are the same things that bring out my ugly road rage issues.

Good post!

Maine 4x4 Club www.maine4x4.org
Old 02-17-2004, 06:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to ds475
8) also typically falls under the ricer category...

7) sometimes you have to do that because you made a mistake, but i usually look over at the person and "ask"...

6) i LOVE doing that! there is this particular light at 183 and 620. 183 merges from 3 lanes to 2 immediately after the intersection cause of construction, and i like to pull up to that light and race people for the hole shot. otherwise, i usually try to get over...

5) that's when i slam the brakes...

2) i can drive literally perfectly while on the phone, it causes no distraction to me whatsoever. i've heard of a study that proved that handsfree made no difference in the amount of distraction that the cell phone added... either way, it's not THAT hard to multitask... i usually ignore the person on the phone rather than the road...

1) well yea, they're queers.

11)oh yea, one more to the list, not to be racist (although how can you be racist about your own people? i'm half lebanese.) i HATE middle eastern women on the road. they drive SOOO slow, and in the middle or left lane?! most of the time i just haul ass up beside and make a point by cutting over closely without a blinker...
(although i do that to everyone who blocks the fast lane...)

i guess i could be classified as a "road rager" or "unsafe driver"...

Last edited by ds475; 02-17-2004 at 06:49 AM..
Old 02-17-2004, 06:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
It won't come quick enough to outlaw cell phone usage while driving. When someone is on the phone, there is total neglect for all respected driving habits, such as blinkers, lane changes, etc.
Schwinn Apple Krate
College days...'69 Hurst/Olds and '71 Roadrunner
Old 02-17-2004, 07:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

13. People with factory installed cruise controls that refuse to use them. Nothing like following someone who is driving at 65....55.....72......48.....66......51.......89... .....etc...... While sifting through the entire car looking for that CD that slid under the seat.

12. Grandma and Grandpa on their sunday drive in the fast lane.....

I'm also guilty of #6. Since I'm usually driving a modded turbo car, or the supercharged GTP here lately, it's pretty easy to avoid getting caught up behind that one guy who'll bring the whole lane of traffic to a stop just to make a right turn(even though the shoulder could be wide enough to not slow the flow of traffic).
02 Altima SE 3.5 - grocery go-getter
00 Yellow Ducati Monster 900i.e. 88 Chrysler Conquest TSi
Old 02-17-2004, 08:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by binky
It won't come quick enough to outlaw cell phone usage while driving. When someone is on the phone, there is total neglect for all respected driving habits, such as blinkers, lane changes, etc.
Never happen. Too easy to just put an ear bud in.

Though I was almost run over twice in less than three minutes by drivers using hand held phones.

What I don't understand is that eating while driving has proven to be just as dangerous but nobody got mad enough to make laws banning it.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!

Last edited by SoCal Driver; 02-17-2004 at 10:09 AM..
Old 02-17-2004, 08:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Trevor
I hate it when I have my cruise control set and pass some one, they speed up and pass me, then they slow down and I pass them, then they give me a ****ty look when I pass them again, all while I'm going a constant speed.
2001 Taurus noooooooooooooo!
1993 325is
Old 02-17-2004, 09:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Modern cars are just becoming too relaxing, like sitting in an easy chair at home, got your remotes, your stereo, your cup holders, on-board navigation, how can you DRIVE?!?!?
Schwinn Apple Krate
Old 02-17-2004, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Parrothead member

#3 Is what burns my a** the most!! People think who the F*** they are just because they have a expensive or "nice" car.
If you are that worried about something happening to your car, leave it home and take a cab!
Theres a guy who works in the local Home depot that parks his Lexus on an angle across four parking spots all the time. when I go there with my crappy P/U truck I make it my business to park as close as I can to his drivers door.

What about when you are in a parking spot in the mall or supermarket, you are taking your time pulling out of the spot and some idiot is sitting there with thier turn signal on impatiently waiting for you to pull out, meanwhile, there are 30 empty spots 2 cars away, but they have to have your spot because it is closer to the door of the store that they are going to walk around in for 4 hours!!!
Old 02-17-2004, 09:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
America has become extremely lazy! Sorry, it's just the way it is.

Park your damn car 20 feet further and walk, you probably need the exercise!
Schwinn Apple Krate
Old 02-17-2004, 10:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to ds475
wait, wait, THIS one takes the cake.

a woman in austin on IH-35, of one of those religions where you have to listen to your husband, was pulled over for breast feeding her child while driving. she said she had to do it, because her husband told her too, and she was in hurry and had many things to do that day.

THAT is a good parent...
Old 02-17-2004, 11:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
I also saw her! She was on the phone, putting on makeup while breast feeding! She should be in the friggin circus.
Schwinn Apple Krate
Old 02-17-2004, 11:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

I stay away from people who drive with their wipers on full blast when it's just spitting rain.
Old 02-17-2004, 02:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
Only thing i hate more than all of those... is asian women driving. Young to old, they all drive like f*cking maniacs. They speed up and slow down erratically, freakishly brake on an open road, and continue to try and beat you for any opening of the road. Then once they get said opening, drive like crazy to maintain it. Including the methods mentioned above.

FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS DRIVE LIKE ASIAN WOMEN.

And no, i'm not racist. This is statistically speaking...

"Drive it like you stole it."
Old 02-17-2004, 08:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to todwic Send a message via Yahoo to todwic
Quote:
Originally posted by SoCal Driver
Never happen. Too easy to just put an ear bud in.

Though I was almost run over twice in less than three minutes by drivers using hand held phones.

What I don't understand is that eating while driving has proven to be just as dangerous but nobody got mad enough to make laws banning it.
Try to take away my Big Buford w/cheese and we WILL have words. Lots of em. Mean, ugly multiple lettered words.
'86 951
Providing ignorance one post at a time.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to TheCooler
I point and laugh at the people #1-10
-2007 Ford PIMP(free)star ...company car....
-1999.5 Jetta VR6
Old 02-17-2004, 08:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to TNT25169
One that really bothers me is when I am cruising along at 74 or so all by myself and 2 idiots in cavaliers come racing up behind me at about 90. Since I am all by myself and it's a 3 lane road, they refuse to take the risk of passing me on the left and blow past me on the right, only to move back into the middle lane and slow down forcing me to move over to pass. WTF is that all about?
Old 02-17-2004, 09:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to TheCooler
Oh, whats up with those people that when I pass them and there going maybe the speed limit and im going maybe 80-85 and they speed up to follow me or get on my ass then pass me and slow down again and i pass them again. Then they follow me for a while so i speed up a little and they keep following me. WHY MUST PEOPLE FOLLOW ME AT 2 AM!!! Are they admiring my car or something?
-2007 Ford PIMP(free)star ...company car....
-1999.5 Jetta VR6
Old 02-17-2004, 09:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
15)People who insist on driving in the fast lane at close to speed limit or below and won't move over, Mercedes drivers here the big culprits
14)People who insist when driving of talking with both hands and their mouth (my wife is a culprit and seems incurable). Also add eating at same time.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Deplorable Member

Garage
What IS it with people being unable to modulate their speed? Especially on the freeway? THAT is the most annyoing part of commuting on the LA freeway system - not the traffic volume, but the fact that it's "speed up-slow down-speed up-slow down" CONSTANTLY unless you want some illegal in a POS old jalopy pickup with crap falling out of the back or self-absorbed *****head in a Mercedes 600-series on the phone rocketing over four lanes in order to fill the oh-so precious vacant 20-30 feet in front of your bumper. Ridiculous. If people just motored along at a constant speed, the system would work SO much better. Hell, that's how the national airspace system works!

Black Cars Matter
Old 02-18-2004, 05:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: