Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

All Porsche

Hey, this is my first thread. Well anyways, I found out the new address for the former (IFC) allporsche.com website. It seems that they changed it to allporscheracing.com. Its too bad I just found out because I had just recieved the side skirts from GT-Racing, not saying anything bad about GT-Racing, but I heard that IFC had better quality and fit.
Thats Pretty much it.
Fiberwerks Bumper, and side skirts
Fixed Hella 90mm Projector Headlights

Last edited by DaMan; 02-21-2004 at 09:56 PM..
Old 02-21-2004, 09:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to ds475
welcome, and if you want to know everything about how to increase performance via the intake, ask our resident expert Zlatko.

(it never ends...)
Old 02-21-2004, 09:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Actually, I have been reading this site for nearly over a year. The reason I havent posted anything until now is because whenever I had problem with my car it seemed someone else already posted it. oh yeah, Thanks.
Old 02-21-2004, 09:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
entertaining the idea

Garage
Cool, the search button works. Welcome to the board....enjoy

a well set-up 1983 Guards Red 944
Old 02-21-2004, 09:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Nabeel
Welcome! I'm also curious about the door handles...
76K miles
color-matched fuchs

SOLD
Old 02-21-2004, 11:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

Quote:
Originally posted by FR Wilk
Shaved door handles?
door handles completely removed and all holes filled in. no remaining evidence of doorhandles. uses remote to unlock and open the doors
Old 02-22-2004, 01:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Yeah thats it. No evidence of door handles or the pockets, and smoothed out. I have a remote and a magnetic key that you swipe over a certain part of the car to pop the doors.
Old 02-22-2004, 10:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

yup. only problem then is that you'll aways leave fingerprints when closing the door
Old 02-22-2004, 10:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

put a picture up, i'd like to see the headlites.

"may the force be with you"
Old 02-22-2004, 03:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

I'll put the pictures up this saturday because right now I out of the state and my car is left at home. As soon as I get back I will upload the pics.
Old 02-22-2004, 07:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Nabeel
Quote:
Originally posted by ronin
door handles completely removed and all holes filled in. no remaining evidence of doorhandles. uses remote to unlock and open the doors
That much I know....

but how would this work on a car like the 944 which has indentations behind the pull-type handle? Did you cut out the area behind the handles and fillit in with a smooth sheet of metal? All of the shaved door handle conversions i've seen thus far have been cars with flush-mounted handles to begin with, so filling in the holes did not require any real cutting of the already existing metal.
76K miles
color-matched fuchs

SOLD
Old 02-22-2004, 07:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

What I did was cut-out the pocket and use the headlight cover panel, which I did not need anymore because my fixed projector headlights replaced the pop-ups. Also it is the perfect guage metal to weld into the cut-out. As when you are welding two different guage metals, there is a tendency to warp. I placed appropriately cut cover panel inside the door and tack welded from the inside and outside of the door. After that I sanded down the outside welds. Finally covered it with evercoat z-grip body filler. Also when using body filler or bondo, it is a good rule of thumb not to exceed a 1/8in in thickness.
Old 02-22-2004, 08:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
welcome to the board!

1) Thank you for using the search button instead of posting a question that has been covered ad nauseum under the mistaken assumption that you are breaking new ground. I really think that most newbies are under the assumption that no-one else in the history of 944 ownership has wondered about turbocharging their NA or extracting more power from the engine.

2) I would love to see pictures of your car... it sounds intriguing.
Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 02-23-2004, 10:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Well if the battery dies, I could always just climb through the hatch because i left that lock alone. Even though it'll look silly to someone climb through the hatch.
Also the mechanical inside door handles are still attached. So once I get in, I can get out through the door and I'd pop the hood. I am not quite sure of this, but I believe that there is enough gap between the windshield and the hood to stick in the +jumper cable to the +of the battery and placed the ground somewhere on the car.
Thanks, again. I'll try to post pics this saturday.
Old 02-23-2004, 10:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Welcome...

I would love to see a few pics as well. I am going to do the antenna thing to my 83 as well (just don't like the early one very much).

NICE TO SEE ANOTHER WELDER ON THE BOARD!

Well, I'm not really a welder yet..just repaired a few tools and, though they work, look horrible. :-)

Are your side skirts subtle like the 968 or larger than that?
Old 02-23-2004, 11:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Where did you mount the solenoid inside the door? Do you have to remove the window and motor to do it?

How about those pictures ;-)
Old 01-14-2005, 08:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

HEY ? "DaMan" i got my skirts from "IFC" and they needed alot of work from drips and sags and extra gell. the parts were less money than gt-racing but then "IFC" added $40.00 in shipping..was not stated up front ( handling fee-box charge- shipping ect . some additional b/s) I Did not find this until i recieved the invoice with the skirts. So i ordered my euro rear bumper from gt-racing, fiberglass needed little work and less fit. Was not overcharged for shipping, just what was stated.
1987 944S- GT3 BODY CONVErSION RED/BLACK( sold )
2003 MERCEDES E500 Sport "Einfarbig"
Old 01-14-2005, 02:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by FR Wilk
When the battery dies, how do you get in? Brick breaks glass?

Silly, isn't it.
996 GT3 4 Liter - Basalt Black - gone
Old 01-18-2005, 11:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: