Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Post Cheap 951 for sale

http://forums.roadfly.com/porsche/924-944-968/forum.php?postid=175752&page=1

Old 10-24-2001, 10:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

thats an ish-load of miles..it cant be too reliable

------------------
85.5 Porsche 944
Old 10-24-2001, 06:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Rollins Send a message via AIM to Rollins
Actually, compared to many 944's that is NOT that high. Come on, you know that a well maintained 944 will go way over 200k. Lots go to 300k. The turbos themselves last a hell of a long time. I would say that this car is a good oppritunity for someone on the board to move up. I would check it out myself, but it's too far away.
Old 10-24-2001, 07:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rollins
Where is the car?

[This message has been edited by Weldin (edited 10-25-2001).]
Old 10-25-2001, 04:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Rollins Send a message via AIM to Rollins
847 area code is in Illinois, just outside of Chicago.
Old 10-25-2001, 05:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Rollins:
847 area code is in Illinois, just outside of Chicago.
Close to me. About 5-6hrs drive.
Old 10-25-2001, 09:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Bob's944
I got my 944 about 3.5 yrs ago. When I started looking for a cool replacement to my previous car, I decided to use www.traderonline.com and search the entire country for a choice car that was priced lower than average. At the time I was working for a company with branches all over the country, and with the friends I've made over the years I know people in most every part of the US. One car I had looked at outside DC by an old high school bud, who brought his best car buff friend with, was a 1977 Lancia Scorpion with Monte Carlo conversion, double bubble top, side air intakes, fibergass hood and engine cover, bright yellow... car was being made into a full race car when this Lancia buff up there saved it and kept it as a head turning "wow what was that?" car. Anyway, not bought cause of a funky paint job in the opinion of the car buff friend.

Then another Lancia Scorpion pops up, this one a totally original 40,000 mile one in San Fran. I called the SF branch of the company I worked for and said "who's the biggest car nut in the place" he said "well, that would be me, who is this?" I filled him in on what I wanted him to do for me, he did it on the way home from work that day even. The car was everything they said, I made reservations that Weds morning to fly to SF in 2 days, Friday morning, and drive the car back over 4 days goin thru alot of cool places. That Weds afternoon a 1985.5 Porsche 944 popped up in the autotrader, and it was right here in Orlando. I drove by where he worked on the way home and looked at this dirty white 944 in the parking lot, but I also crawed around looking at it carefully and noticed alot of very very good signs. The next day I drove the car at lunchtime, only around the parking lot, the car shook at 70 he said, it did alil even at low speeds. I had read all about the 944 70 MPH shake, so I trusted that it was no biggie, since the tires were weak and going to get replaced and no leaking signs anywhere at all. I bought the car for $3800, had a new set of tires put on, sent it to my mechanic who put 2- $20 bushing on the front and we went for a ride. It was perfect, tacked str8 as an arrow. He was all smiles and showed me the book on the car... I did well. Took it home, detailed it myself to remove the crud inside and out (heavy smoker) and WOW look at what was under the dirt... The car was still in outstanding condition inside and out.

Sorry... rambling.... moral of the story... With this BB you have the ability to have cars checked out anywhere in the US. You might save 2 or 3 grand, or more, for the cost of a plane ticket and the fun drive home (with AAA PLUS). I got lucky and found a car in town, I had been looking for 3 months and was willing, and really did want to, travel anywhere for a cool car, and not just a 944. This Turbo for sale sounds like a very good deal, and Chicago... **** that's a nuthin drive for anyone in the US, 2 day drive... pick a great route... oh yeah, I did call and cancel the plane reservation thursday after I drove the car.
Old 10-25-2001, 09:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I saw a picture of this very car on a website. Can't remember which one exactly. If you really want me to find it I will. BTW, I bought my 44 7 years ago out of the Trader. Man those mags are addictive, but now I spend time searching for the next big thing on-line!

Old 10-25-2001, 11:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: