Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Burn the fire.

Garage
Cool Was it scottmandue...

... who told me "i know where you can get an (x-year) 944 for $3000!" when i was lookin for a replacement?

Just curious, do you still have said 944?

"Drive it like you stole it."
Old 03-31-2004, 08:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Nabeel
He was constantly contemplating whether he wanted to keep his 944 or upgrade to a 951/944S2/968/anything better than his 944. Buy his car and put him out of his misery
76K miles
color-matched fuchs

SOLD
Old 03-31-2004, 10:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
Very tempting! it's only a 6-month-away saving adventure for me

Old 03-31-2004, 11:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Now you have a job???

What about the 924???
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 04-01-2004, 06:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
least common denominator

Quote:
Originally posted by Nabeel
He was constantly contemplating whether he wanted to keep his 944 or upgrade to a 951/944S2/968/anything better than his 944. Buy his car and put him out of his misery
YES!

AND put the folks at this board out of my misery... I stopped posting about other cars I am looking at because I was getting complaints

Tax man only dinged me for a few hundred bucks instead of a few thousand I expected so I'm going to have the belts/front of the engine done soon.

I advertise the car a few times and got a few nibbles but nothing serious, I'm not advertising the car right now because I will need $$$ to do the S2 upgrade.

So if we both start saving our nickles and dimes maybe we could do a deal in a few months... keep it in mind.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
least common denominator

I could get some better pictures... better yet we should have a 944 meet, I haven't seen Hugh in over a year and it would be nice to see what some of these other S. Calif folk look like.

I think Hugh even got some little parts off you old car to put on mine, so do I oue you money for those parts?
Old 04-01-2004, 07:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Burn the fire.

Garage
Scott, HOLD ON TO THAT THING!!!

I'm throwing money in the bank tomorrow, start saving. I think if i save about $400/mo i can get there in ...

how long?

Quote:
I think Hugh even got some little parts off you old car to put on mine, so do I oue you money for those parts?
No, don't worry about it. Just keep my in mind if you get the urge to sell in about 6 months

Old 04-01-2004, 12:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Brando and Scooter! What a combo!

Scott you never picked up the parts or even came out to have them put on. Was the switch and bracket for the parking brake handle. Also have an extra cargo cover to take apart and fix yours.

Right now I'm having problems with the property manager giving away my rear parking space to some new renters. Have used it for almost three years and they tell the new renters it's theirs so they will rent the dump next door. So no place to work.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
LOL @ SoCal...

Yeah, i figure six months' time should be enough for me to get that little 924 into running shape. It'd sure be nice to park a yellow 924 and silver 944 outside my house...

At least it'll keep the neighbors' crappy cars from being parked in front of my house, in MY spot. I know how bad that can be too, getting your spot taken away. ;\

Old 04-01-2004, 02:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
least common denominator

Hey SoCal and Brando, what would you think of getting together and we could take a peek at the 924 project?
Old 04-02-2004, 09:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
least common denominator

Brando send me a PM or email me so I can give you my email address.
Old 04-03-2004, 11:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
Check your PMs!

Sorry for the belated reply.

Old 04-14-2004, 06:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Hey Guys, don't forget about me.
I'd like to see your rides etc...

I should be roadworthy soon ( legal wise )

Don
Current Stable 944 83 Kalahari Beige manual rack, short 5th gear951 86 Guards Red, pristine TurboYou must not anger the Porsche Gods - you MUST leave one small item unrepaired, lest the Stuttgartians smite thine car with bad Ju-Ju-AF Juvat
Old 04-14-2004, 07:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Autobahn Garage

Hey scottmandue,
You got your wheels backwards??? It looks like the rears are on the front? Not picking on you just looked funny? Are you driffting the car LOL
57, Speedster
Old 04-14-2004, 07:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Nabeel
Looks like the wheels are the same 7 inch width all around. Photo angle makes it look a little weird, but all cookie cutters as far as I know were 15x7
76K miles
color-matched fuchs

SOLD
Old 04-15-2004, 12:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
least common denominator

Quote:
Originally posted by Nabeel
Looks like the wheels are the same 7 inch width all around. Photo angle makes it look a little weird, but all cookie cutters as far as I know were 15x7
Yep 15x7's all around 215 front 225 back...

Interesting trivia... SoCal took that picture of me in Todwic old driveway.

Do I hear some interest in S. Calif 924/944 Sunday meet?

Oh and the only drifting I have done was in my moms 1969 Impala station wagon on a dirt track.... Shhhh she doesn't know...

Who knew I was so ahead of the times!
Old 04-15-2004, 09:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by scottmandue

Do I hear some interest in S. Calif 924/944 Sunday meet?

Well, I can put the beast on the road now. I have a little red square sticker, temp registration.

I don't know about Sunday, but possible.

Where to meet ???

I'm in San Diego ( North County off 15, S of 78 )

Lookin for ideas etc...
Old 04-15-2004, 12:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
I'm game IF I can get the head back on the wife's 1985 Toyota. Too many vacuum lines!

Interesting failure. The carb was rebuilt two years ago. One side loosened up letting air bleed in under the carb. The #1 cylinder started to run lean and pre-detonate under the edge of the head gasket next to the #2 cylinder. This ate away at the head gasket till it finally blew through. No channeling from the cooling galley!
Old 04-15-2004, 03:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
Sorry to hear about the econo-box dying.

Yes, i'm cool with a big meet-up on sunday. As i've told Hugh and Scott, the car is not at my place. So i'll have to check with Ken (other dude with a 78 924 who's been a TREMENDOUS help in all respects!) if he's okay with having so many people over. I'll check tomorrow (friday). If you're wanting details and would like to show up, please send me a PM with your email or phone # and i can chat with you. Don, you'd be cool to show as well? If we get more than 2 of us i'll plop some cash down for some pizza or somethin.

Old 04-15-2004, 08:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
IF Hugh gets his butt out here sunday, it'll be pizza AND beer.

Old 04-16-2004, 08:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: