Pelican Parts Forums

Pelican Parts Forums (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/)
-   Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-924-944-968-technical-forum/)
-   -   ilikemy944 Tennessee trip (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-924-944-968-technical-forum/159547-ilikemy944-tennessee-trip.html)

speedracing944 04-21-2004 04:58 PM

ilikemy944 Tennessee trip

Brad,
We have the dates set for the Tennessee trip. We will be leaving Madison, Wisconsin Friday 5/21/04 at 7:00 am and should arrive in Knoxville Tennessee around 6:00 pm Friday evening. The plan is to settle in Friday night then hit "The Tail" first thing in the morning Saturday. We plan on driving around that area all day Saturday then at night time settle back in at the hotel. We will then head back for home Sunday morning. If you could meet up with us I think it would be alot of fun. So far the cars that plan on going down are a EVO, Acura RSX, WRX STI, my car and maybe a Miata. Let me know if you plan on going. We can exchange contact numbers so when we get down there we can meet.
my e-mail is luemon@ticon.net

If there are any other Pelican Heads that want to meet up with us it would be a hoot. You can check out the road that we will spend some time on. www.tailofthedragon.com SmileWavy

perfecto951 04-22-2004 10:05 AM

got room for another 951, a 300zxTT and another Miata? If so i'll follow Brad up!

speedracing944 04-22-2004 11:25 AM

There is always room for more cars. Get a hold of Brad. We have been discussing the trip for some time now.

One deal though..... With all these turbo cars you guys will have to take out a couple of your spark plugs for a couple of minutes during the drive so I can bask in my 3 seconds of glory as I am able to keep up with you. :)

pearldrum 04-22-2004 12:01 PM

That sucks, I'm busy that day. Oh well, I'll be living 30 miles south of Nashville next fall. You all should do it again then.

perfecto951 04-22-2004 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by speedracing944
..... With all these turbo cars you guys will have to take out a couple of your spark plugs for a couple of minutes during the drive so I can bask in my 3 seconds of glory as I am able to keep up with you. :)
Deal!
I should be able to go. The daybefore the trip i will be getting back from S.C. so hopefully i should still have the energy.

ilikemy944 04-22-2004 08:21 PM

LOL.... <-- not taking out any plugs :) : ) :)
hehehe... you will just have to put that skill to use hehe...
I'm up for the drive :)
But I better get some practice in first... hehe...

perfecto951 04-22-2004 09:07 PM

i got my dump pipe back on. the car sounds more tame. i also crammed a wrench in my headers to quiet down the exhaust rattles......i know - very bad idea. it's temporary.

speedracing944 05-07-2004 02:08 AM

Well, the plan is still on. One guy dropped out though. The guy with the STI can't make it on the grounds that he likes to go straight much better than corners. My friend with the EVO ended up hydroplanning and wipping out. (he hit a deep puddle at 45 and slid off the road sideways causing $9000 of damage) So there are still 2 cars going down with 3 people, myself and the RSX type R. Everyone is welcome to hang out. We are securing a hotel in downtown Knoxville for our camp.

looking forward to a safe and fun drive!

ilikemy944 05-07-2004 03:26 PM

Guy with STI = pansy ;)

I got the day off so I'm definately on :)
I do have to do some suspension work first though... maybe, cause its actin funny.... :P

speedracing944 05-19-2004 02:48 AM

Brad,
The hotel has been reserved. We will be staying at the Days Inn located at 2262 Alcoa Hwy in Alcoa Tennessee. The phone # is 865.970.3060. The dates are still on. I will send e-mails to all that were interested in going. My email is luemon@ticon.net

Speedy

ilikemy944 05-19-2004 10:03 AM

:D

speedracing944 05-24-2004 05:10 AM

We just got back from the dragon on Sunday at 7:30pm. The trip was great. We were there during the Nissan Z meet and got to see a whole group of Z's ranging from the new 350 to the 240. ilikemy944 and his friend met up with us around noon. We made a run through then grilled out for lunch along the river. Then we were threatened by a group of hillbillies that were having a "private" party right next to where we were grilling and they wanted for us to leave. (what ever man)
The running joke was that a couple of people kept puking while driving through the dragon. We almost were able to get my friend Mike (who was one of the pukers) to ride with ilikemy944 up the tail. That would of made him puke in the first turn. ha ha !

I was able to drive my 83 944 for 2000 mile in 3 days without a break down which is great considering half of those miles were at redline. :) The Porsche gods were looking down on me and smiling. :)

ilikemy944 05-24-2004 06:56 AM

That was a ton of fun... I have already got the video moved to the computer, but I need to edit it and get rid of our stupid comments :P

speedracing944 05-24-2004 07:03 AM

LOL..... Whenever one of our cars go buy make sound effects with your mouth going"vvvrrrroooom!!!!!".
send me the files when you get them edited! or even the "uncut" versions. I want to hear the "man that guy was crazy!'' or the "Oh crap he heading right at us" or the "That RX-7 rocks!"

Later,
Speedy

ilikemy944 05-24-2004 11:28 AM

SR - you can grab one section of RX-7 vid - the one where his wheel came off the ground at:
ftp://fckgw.ath.cx
username and password are 'rennlist' (shhh! hehehe)
I'll have to move the rest of it over later, I'm not at home :(
ALSO :) I need to get some certain footage off of your tape... I think you know :P
So... I wanted to know if you could possibly mail me that tape so I can move it to digital :) :) I can do the rest of it too, and I'll even send it back!

PM me

speedracing944 06-02-2004 04:45 PM

Hey dude I just got back from Cali and found out my computer crashed. I just got it back. I will need to get the vid from Vorn and make a copy. Email me your mailing address.

Speedy:)

ilikemy944 06-02-2004 05:21 PM

http://members.rennlist.com/ilikemy944/asdf.html
Download that video :)

Johnny5 06-03-2004 03:46 AM

sup richard, sup brad...so when are goin back to the dragon? :) those vids are awsome. just one questions though, i dl the vid "flyby" but cant seem to edit it with premiere 6.0. it says file is unsupported. is there anyway i can change the file so that i can edit it?

speedracing944 06-03-2004 05:17 PM

Hey Johnny5! How's the vid from my camcorder? I need to get that tape from you so I can view it and send it to Brad for a digital conversion.

I am having trouble downloading the video. Ican't seem to open it. Is there a different format we can use or something. I am running a Mac and I am computer stupid.

Johnny, welcome to the party!!!!!!!!!

Johnny5 06-03-2004 05:26 PM

the vid from the cam corder awsome, a lil shaky though. you want to open it in quick time...right click on the vid, property, change, then choose quick time, then ok...it should work....