Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via AIM to fast924S
Rennlist

Hey guys, I just registered myself on rennlist last week, Those guys are what a forum is all about, They are nice and dont flame new ideas, For you guys looking to do performance mods go check out rennlist.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Pelican Parts is a sponser of rennlist.

Guess you could call telling someone that they are wasting their money "flaming". We call it being honest and truthful.

As to Rennlist. I've run into more "attitude" there than here.

Goodby and thanks for all the fish.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 05-11-2004, 09:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I use both, and get rubbish and good comments from both.

generally I think I'm more likly to get a reply from Renn first.

hwever, no probs with pel !

NotJustPorsche
Subscribe: notjustporsche-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Old 05-12-2004, 02:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I like both. Different attitudes without a doubt but both good.

Rennlist has way more traffic though. It is a little tough to keep up. Something goes a page or two back on pelican and it is basically done. Over there you have to check a couple of pages just to find yesterdays threads.
Old 05-12-2004, 05:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
More traffic = more rubbish.

Still you get hammered if you even twitch N/A turbo conversion or lets make it a dragster.
Old 05-12-2004, 05:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
If you give attitude, you get attitude.

I think each one is what you make of it.

Why not hang out on both? Granted, the majority of my posts are over on Renn, but I lurk here all the time. I used to contribute more to this forum but 2 certain over-zealous posters here basically ran me off a long time ago.

With that being said, both places are a wealth of knowlege, provided you wade thru a lot of the BS that floats about.

Hope you stick around and contribute to both, fast924S.

My P-caronline Profile

"A good time to keep your mouth shut is when you're in deep water. "--
Sidney Goff
Old 05-12-2004, 08:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Sob Sob...

Two meanie..over zealous posters ran you off?? You want some cheese to go with that whine...

1998 Glacier White Boxster
1971 Fiat 124 Spyder
1999 Mercury Mountaineer
Old 05-12-2004, 08:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Ferrara_racing
Sob Sob...

Two meanie..over zealous posters ran you off?? You want some cheese to go with that whine...
No thanks. I appreciate your gracious offer though. You are truly a gentleman.

My P-caronline Profile

Sidney Goff
Old 05-12-2004, 08:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

fast,

as tifo said--hang out at both. Each board has its own charms and problems.
69 Chevrolet C-20 Longhorn (family heirloom)
Old 05-12-2004, 09:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Just thinking out loud

Renn is a great board with a weath of knowledge. I post both here and there, with near the same results. Tifo helped me out of a jam sometime ago, lay off him, he's one outstanding individual, IMHO. Socal's knowledge sort of getts snubbed over there, which surprises me. Juvy, britwrench, and Socal aka: "libraries" hang out here for the most part. I can't keep up with all the excellent advisors here, if you feel left out, my appologies. Whatever floats your boat!

Last edited by mattdavis11; 05-12-2004 at 10:03 AM..
Old 05-12-2004, 10:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

Quote:
Originally posted by SoCal Driver
More traffic = more rubbish.

Still you get hammered if you even twitch N/A turbo conversion or lets make it a dragster.
ditto, I've seen people hand out much worse verbal abuse on Rennlist than here

tifosi: which chinspoiler is that? and oh yeah, unscrew that tow ring, will ya?
Old 05-12-2004, 10:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Ronin,

The tow-eye is in there for two reasons in those shots: 1. because I was checking it out to see if it fit and kinda left it in 2. I decided to leave it in for awhile because a few weeks back, someone at my office parked a *little* too close to my car when the other bumper was on it and left a mark, without even leaving a note. At least with the tow-eye on there for a little bit, if someone bumps it on the one day I drive it to work per week, it will leave a nice tell-tale mark/hole on their bumper so I know who did it .

The splitter is an AIR piece ( www.americaninternationalracing.com ).

Take care,

Jeremy

EDIT: Matt, thanks for the nice comments .

My P-caronline Profile

Sidney Goff

Last edited by tifosiman; 05-12-2004 at 10:31 AM..
Old 05-12-2004, 10:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Recently i've been posting at rennlist a bit more. More people usually equates to faster responses. Both boards have their problems and a fair share of annoying posts.
996 GT3 4 Liter - Basalt Black - gone
Old 05-12-2004, 10:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

yep, me likes that splitter. how much was it? as for the eye, good thinking! I have a doink in my front panel from someone backing their lovely SUV spare into me. would have been nice to have a little tell-tale mark left behind on their car to point to the guilty party
Old 05-12-2004, 10:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
Ronin,

I got it second hand from a fellow Rennlister, but new I think they hover somewhere around $300. I *think* that if you call AIR to order right now they are honoring a special price for Rennlisters. You might want to check.

(I see by your profile that we are both kept busy by the legal system.)

Take care,

Jeremy

My P-caronline Profile

Sidney Goff
Old 05-12-2004, 10:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

hmm, a little pricey for me right now, but perhaps later this summer

yep, the legal system keeps me quite busy. much to my chagrin sometimes
Old 05-12-2004, 10:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
There are a number of Turbo guys on that site that I swear have every single modification (turbo trim specs, suspension specs...etc) FRIGGEN MEMORIZED. WONDERFULL source of info..... I use the search function extensively.....

I never use the NA board over there. I find that for every post of sound technical advice there are 10 that should be ignored... I find on occasion misinformation being thrown around as fact.....

I would rather have britwrench, AF, and Socal etc over the 1000+ useless posts on the NA side. Lots of nice guys that visit that board and this one as well ..... but when I am looking for detailed engine information AF is usually in chat!! and that can't be beat..... When I need some serious engine troubleshooting I know Socal is an incredible source to bounce off your thoughts and ideas with..... and when I want to bug someone .... Wolf1, Ilikemy944 and Rammstein are in chat as token punching bags.

The one thing that is peculiar over on rennlist is that on occasion you will see people getting snubbed on their first few post for not having a membership......... THATS CRAP. ..... So as warm and fuzzy it sounds to be a 'Member' I havent been convinced just yet. Maybe one day.......

A couple of years back this board was quite 'WILD'.... and then Rennlist went that way ....... Both boards have their ups and downs and I wouldnt give up on either.... they both have a place.
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 05-12-2004, 11:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to fast924S
Of course I will be at both, I would never leave Pelican, It to is alos a great forum, its where my love for porsches started so I will be at both. Thanx guys
Old 05-12-2004, 11:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
Check out how many posts Danno (Racer-X) has on Rennlist. Yet no one complains to him that he is not a Rennlist "member".

Even one of our moderators, Z-Man, is on the Rennlist 944 section quite a lot.

It seems that a significant percentage of the Rennlisters have yet to mature to the point of a civil conversation. If it's doesn't stroke their egos it's flaming.

Attitude. I have no problems with my attitude.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by SoCal Driver
Check out how many posts Danno (Racer-X) has on Rennlist. Yet no one complains to him that he is not a Rennlist "member".

Even one of our moderators, Z-Man, is on the Rennlist 944 section quite a lot.

It seems that a significant percentage of the Rennlisters have yet to mature to the point of a civil conversation. If it's doesn't stroke their egos it's flaming.

Attitude. I have no problems with my attitude.
Danno is a member and a site sponsor. I don't know about the flaming and ego strokes--haven't experienced that(except in college, but it was cleared up with penicilin).
69 Chevrolet C-20 Longhorn (family heirloom)
Old 05-12-2004, 11:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: