Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Unhappy Still runs rough

Wife just got home from school again and p car was running rough. She said it ran fine going to work express way 20 miles at 80MPH. She made it almost all the way home before it acted up. It was missing only a little when i accelerated the trottle but it still missed. it ran twice as rough at an idle. It acts like a bad fuel filter or fuel pump but it only does this after the car has been driven 50 or so miles. I smell no gas and see no leaks on the engine. I'm planning on replaciong the fuel pump, replacing my already new fuel filter and also dropping my ( Ithink i have a overflow leak on top somewhere) Gas tank and flushing it out.

Old 05-26-2004, 07:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Clogged injector(s). Unplug one at a time and see which is not working. Yes you have to plug it back in before you go to the next one.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 05-26-2004, 07:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
THanks SoCal. I'll check out my injectors. Can they be cleaned or do I have to replace them? Do you happen to know Why does it do this only when it gets warmed up?
Old 05-26-2004, 08:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

If you strike out with the injectors, try the reference sensor on the fly wheel. The injectors get some kind of signal from here.

I had the same problem for about 6 months before I gave up and took it in for diagnostics. Cost me $325 but she runs great now.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to TheCooler
Have you checked the wires for arking or the cap and rotor for wear?
-2007 Ford PIMP(free)star ...company car....
-1999.5 Jetta VR6
Old 05-27-2004, 05:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
As the responses pour in you will see that there are a lot of potential problem points to consider. This is a process of structred elimination. If you start throwing parts at it you may or may not hit the problem. A bit of testing goes a long way to keeping your pocket book from going flat.

Let me add another point; the fuel pressure regulator and dampener. These as well as the sensors are heat related.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 05-27-2004, 07:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Angry same

Okay I checked each injectorlike SoCAl suggested , all had the same 2.9 ohms. Ran engine and pulled one injector plug at a time and all checked out okay. ( pull onr and it ran badly) Took p car for drive and I cannot get it to run rough. My wife thinks it's a vapor locking problem as on the days it acted up it was in the mid to high 90's. I hate to admit it but she might be right. while I still don't think it is vapor locking per say , Because it's not chugging but rather just missing the heat does seem to be a factor. Could a fuel pump or dampner valve be breaking down under very hot conditions?
Old 05-29-2004, 11:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
Have you verified fuel pressure ?

www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 05-29-2004, 12:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: