Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Advice on my project

So, rebuilding the 951, as some of you know. Everything is running pretty smooth...

I need some advice at these points from clarks (excellent) guidance to engine removal:

19. Disconnect the engine ground cables at the firewall
- I've printed out the electrical pages of the factory manual to see which grounds we are talking about. But what ground cables are meant?

23. Remove the clutch slave cylinder bracket bolts
- Should I actually only disconnect the two bracket bolts or should i also disconnect the fluid pipe running to it?

25. Remove the coolant hose on the heater valve.
- The coolant hose on the heater valve.... right, my 'normal' english is pretty good, but what i'm a looking at here, and where can i find it?? I made some pics of the connections i could think about, but are these the right ones?

26. Remove the coolant return heater hose at the rear of the cylinder head.
- Same here, but what is the blue one and what is the red one? And: are these at all the hoses i should be looking at??

Thanks for the help!

Old 05-29-2004, 04:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

As i read on:

28. Remove the vacuum lines to the vent valve and the thermo valve at the back of the engine.
- HUH?

29. Remove the A/C fast idle hose.
- HUH?

30. Remove the charcoal venting hose.
- HUH?

Pretty lame 'mechanic', me

Should pick up my technical english again....
Old 05-29-2004, 04:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
19. Engine grounds... He may mean to remove the ground thats attached by the battery compartment there is a grounding point in that area.............then you can pull the cable through the hole. Or just undo the grounds at the bellhousing....

23. Just remove the mounting bracket and the 2 bolts that attach it to the engine. THe slave will stay in the engine compartment.

25. The heater valve is that white plastic valve thingy (technical term) between the engine and the fire wall that has a coolant hose running to it, actually the RED arrow goes to the other side of the valve...... Remove the hose going to it from the other side that attaches to the engine......

26. The blue one...

28. Pull all the vacuum hoses off the engine you will need to in the end anyways........ The thermovalve looks like rabbit ears ....don't break the ends. BRITTLE. It has 2 vacuum hoses going to it.

29. A/C fast idle hose ??? uhmmm

Actually .... I would just tear off as much as you can.....and take lots off pics. Clarks steps are nice but they get tedious.....

I go as far as pulling my intake and fuel rail and removing all the vacuum stuff under the intake..... It will give you more clearance if you are planning on dropping the engine from underneath. PLUS you will see where all these hoses go....

There are many ways to skin a cat.
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 05-30-2004, 09:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Yeah, i was going into that same 'disconnect all' mode. I'm about ready to take the intake off as well and just take everything away that is holding it (the engine) down. I'm just using clarks list as a kind of checklist and to look up related items in either factory manual/haynes. So far most things went pretty good, but the exhaust will be the main problem. Guess, that'll be just a lot of grinding away of bolts etc...

Old 05-30-2004, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: