Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Where does excess oil drain out from?

I didn't over fill my engine oil, but I did use a jack to raise the left side of the car to fit a jack stand and myself underneath. I left the left side of the car on jack stands for a couple of days while the right side was still planted on the ground via the wheels.

I finally finished what I was doing (reattaching my underbody cover, which was dragging on the ground - nothing to do with the engine oil) and lowered the car. I was gonna take it out for a drive when I noticed white smoke coming from my exhaust headers so I turned off the car and checked the oil (which had dropped about 1/4 of a quart).

Does tipping the car up on the left side cause oil to drain out? Should I be concerned or will it just burn off without problems? Oh, BTW, I haven't had any problems with oil leaking in that area when parked on a flat surface or during normal driving.

TIA,
Matt
-Koni Yellow Sport Adjustable struts and shocks
-225 lb springs up front

Cleaned grounds = happy 944
WTB: 951 black passenger door/fender
Old 06-04-2004, 03:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Cam galley and it's rear cover.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 06-04-2004, 07:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

SoCal, cam galley=cam tower? I have oil leaking out of the back of my cam tower. I'm not sure if it's cause of the situation of lifting my car on its left side or having a bad gasket or something else, but here's a few questions I have:

I asked earlier, but would tipping the car up on the left side cause oil to leak ouf of here?

Also, is this also where oil will come out if the cam tower is not tightly torqued down?
-Koni Yellow Sport Adjustable struts and shocks
-225 lb springs up front

Cleaned grounds = happy 944
WTB: 951 black passenger door/fender
Old 06-08-2004, 01:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Left side? Like laying on it's left side in a ditch? Or just jacked up a bit for a regular jack stand?

If all the way up on it's left side then the dip stick hole and maybe the oil filler.

There is no breather in the cam tower/galley/cover thingy to drain oil out of.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 06-08-2004, 03:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: