Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Oil Pressure Relief Valve, again...

I have a 1988 944 S.

I started my car up today and out came all of the oil through the oil filter. Last time this happened it was the oil pressure relief valve - it froze. So I'm about to order another one, but what one do I get?

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopcart/944M/POR_944M_oilsys_pg2.htm#item5

E-107-035-11 or E-107-035-02

The newer style one, does that mean it will work for 1986 and on?

Thanks,
Kerry
Old 06-05-2004, 10:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

You actually blew a hole in the oil filter? Cool...I've never done that.

A pressure relief valve that's stuck closed will cause this. The valve bypasses the filter when the pressure is too high, like when you start it up first thing in the morning when the oil is cold.

You should order the E-107-035-02, the new style valve, but call Pelican before you order it just to make sure. And order all the O-rings for it also...when I replaced mine recently, there was only one O-ring on the new valve when there should have been two.

-Tom
Old 06-05-2004, 10:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Isn't the OPRV like $300? Could you just clean the current one up and then replace the o-rings? When mine was sticking is was causing a delay in oil pressure when the car was started from cold. Took out the OPRV and the o-rings were friggin gone, as in not there at all.
Old 06-06-2004, 08:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: