Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

interor light, the clock an the cig. lite

I've got a few weird problem that I don't know where to begin. First off when I open my door that pleasent little beeping sound doesn't happen. My fasten seat belt light doesn't blink when I turn the engine over an my interior light no longer comes on. I have to leave the interior light switch on the most forward setting (towards the winshield) or the clock and cig lite outlet does not work. Where do I start, I did the 1st obvious, checked the fuses, everything seemed fine. suggestions anyone? thanks
brian
Old 06-05-2004, 10:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to toolboy62 Send a message via Yahoo to toolboy62
they are all on the same fuse, I have issues with that ckt. on my car as well, I suspect it has to do with the aftermarket stereo but I have not pulled it yet to check it out. the fuse is blown right now but the clock "sometimes" works which says to me that something's backfeeding that ckt.

nate
Old 06-05-2004, 02:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Cebu
Check the circuit plunger in the door jam on the driver's side it may be stuck or the ground wire to the plunger may be broken. If the hot wire is broken the fuse will blow.
94 Impala SS
Old 06-05-2004, 03:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

as far as the interior light...

Check that it hasn't melted the plastic inside on the switch. I had to tweak mine so that it would work.
Current Stable 944 83 Kalahari Beige manual rack, short 5th gear951 86 Guards Red, pristine TurboYou must not anger the Porsche Gods - you MUST leave one small item unrepaired, lest the Stuttgartians smite thine car with bad Ju-Ju-AF Juvat
Old 06-05-2004, 05:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

thanks guys, got pretty much everything going an my electrical problems are back down to a minimum. Thanks Don for you other advice yesterday too.

brian
Old 06-06-2004, 04:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: