Pelican Parts Forums

Pelican Parts Forums (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/)
-   Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-924-944-968-technical-forum/)
-   -   antenna replacement (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-924-944-968-technical-forum/166442-antenna-replacement.html)

bearone2 06-05-2004 08:43 PM

antenna replacement

i've got the powered setup but don't need it to work up and down.

the telescoping part broke off leaving the threaded/hex head screwed in on the fender, with a two inch stub going down in the hollow shaft.

are the antennas advertised at pelican, the hex nut/threaded part with the telescoping antenna what you get when you replace the mast or is it something else altogether.

:D

SoCal Driver 06-05-2004 09:42 PM

Stock electric antenna has a replaceable mast. You get the mast with a long nylon tail hanging out of it and instructions on changing it.

brian carignan 06-06-2004 04:37 AM

I don't mean to hijack this thread but also have a quick ? I purchased my car and the PO had the stereo disconnected. When I put the new one in I noticed the radio ant wire was cut, then I started looking for the antenna, no antenna or better yet I don't have any holes where one would go. So my rammbling question is this...where is the ant on a 1985.5 na 944? I have no holes in me fenders, could be some aftermarket but if it was they did a great cover up. Got a pic od your ant anyone? thanks in advance.

brian

b

arnebret 06-06-2004 04:44 AM

Maybe integrated in the windscreen? My '88 951 has it, don't know about the older models. It's a very basic system, near the ecu there is a connector from the window that is amplified to the radio.

SoCal Driver 06-06-2004 09:31 AM

Thin gold wire around the windshield. The connection is on the passenger side behind the battery. There is an amplifier behind the golve box. The antenna wire should have the coax as well as a second small wire to power the amp.

SoCal Driver 06-06-2004 10:21 AM

Back to the early electric antenna; Yours may just need the stock mast replaced. Depends on IF you can get the old mast out including the nylon tail.

brian carignan 06-06-2004 04:48 PM

okay, thought something like that might be it too, hmmm, thin gold line around the winshield, well, I'm in a lil trouble, this is definatly not the factory windshiel. What do you guys think I should do? I imagine replacing an orignal would be a lil hard to do a find? Yes? No? Should I just install an aftermarket one? I like keepin her orignal but it's not the most important thing on my list. I don't really plan on selling it so I'm not freaked out to bad about losing a lil value cause of an aftermarket antenna. Thanks

brian

SoCal Driver 06-06-2004 05:51 PM

Get the FUBA roof top antenna. That's what I had planned on doing with the later front end group I was going to use on the 83 -- no fender antenna cut out.