Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to DARKiGOD
CD Install

Hello all.
Trying to install a stereoo into my early 1985 944.
The retard that owned the car before didnt take care of the car at all and tore the factory wiring harness out of the car.

Got most of the wiring figured out, one little thing, i need an ACCESORY wire, a 12v wire that is turns on with the ignition. Any ideas of a wire that would be behind the dash close to the A/C controls where the cd player will be going for this purpose?

THANKS FOR THE HELP
Old 06-06-2004, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
If he tore out the factory harness, you'll be looking for a yellow or red wire that comes off of the ignition switch (still supplies voltage in the 'off' position of the ignition switch for accessories). If he tore that out, look for (part) of one. This is assuming the relays for the stereo have been torn out.

"Drive it like you stole it."
Old 06-06-2004, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Yup- I'm pretty sure you are looking for a yellow wire.
Old 06-06-2004, 02:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Agreed on what you're looking for - don't remember the color. If I recall, installing my Alpine, the turn-on lead was the larger power wire, and the constant 12v was the smaller one..They both ran in the same harness with a brown ground. You'll know once you get it plugged in if you've got it right - when you put the key in the ignition (not turn it, just put it in) the cd player should come on. If not, then switch them. You won't hurt the cd player either way.
Old 06-06-2004, 02:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: