Pelican Parts Forums

Pelican Parts Forums (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/)
-   Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-924-944-968-technical-forum/)
-   -   Will trade someone VDO gauges for sunroof switch (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-924-944-968-technical-forum/166856-will-trade-someone-vdo-gauges-sunroof-switch.html)

Imwithstupid^ 06-08-2004 04:40 PM

Will trade someone VDO gauges for sunroof switch

I know this doesnt belong, but i need a quick response so i can finish my car by this weekend.

I have all of the VDO gauges.

speedometer - works but odometer doesnt
tachometer - works, so does mpg
water temp, fuel level - all gauges and lights work
oil pressure - works but cracked around light socked when removed
clock - works

I will trade all of those gauges if you will over night me a sunroof switch and give me $10 shipping.

For those of you who dont know i have converted to an all digital dash so i do not need the gauges anymore.

TCMdocs944 06-08-2004 05:03 PM

I will check in my box of extra switches...I think I have one.

Will let you know at 9:45am(easterntime) tommorow. If so, I will send it out at lunch. No promises, I won't be home for another 2 hours.

What is the big event this weekend?

Imwithstupid^ 06-08-2004 05:24 PM

My car has been on the road a total of 2 1/2 days since i have owned it. This weekend is the first weekend that all of my graduate buddies have off and no parties to go to, so we are all going to go out one last time for the weekend and probably most of the next week before they go off to college (naval academy, UOD, UTI, Westpoint) It's not dire that i have this part or anything, but my A/C doesnt work so it would be nice :).

If you could get me this part, that would be awsome. I know the roof works otherwise i wouldnt be so hasty into this. I hot wired it to open and close, but i cannot get it to release because i dont know the right combination of pins. I figure if i get the switch it wont be a problem.

TCMdocs944 06-09-2004 05:45 AM

I have the switch packed up and ready.

PM me with your address and it will be in overnight mail.

TCMdocs944 06-09-2004 02:53 PM

Hello?

Tommorow morning will be the last opportunity I have till Monday. Not interested anymore?

StoneGrey 06-09-2004 10:26 PM

I'd like to see the new dash... pictures please.....

Imwithstupid^ 06-10-2004 06:36 AM

I sent you a PM i don't know if you got it. I wasnt getting email notifications so i didnt know you replied. I'm sorry. My adress is

2210 sandtown rd
felton, de 19943

Yeah i'll take pics when i am done. I am waiting until i reaplace the front bearings to finish the gauges though because i need to install an oil sender still which would be easiest to do while i have the front end disassembled. I had to remove the stock gauge bezel and fabricate a new one to fit the new gauges.

TCMdocs944 06-10-2004 08:29 AM

Got it, Stuff in the mail.......good luck.

Love to see the fabrication work when done also.

Imwithstupid^ 06-14-2004 05:09 AM

I got to sunroof latches on friday. Did you send them? I was talking about the console electric switch. If these are manual conversion latches that would be fine. I am not exactly sure how to convert them, but as long as i have the right parts i dont mind trying.

TCMdocs944 06-14-2004 05:14 AM

Nope, Sent you a PM.

The switch should be delivered sat morning due to the Reagan holiday

Imwithstupid^ 06-14-2004 06:14 AM

Oh. Well that's really weird that someone mailed me these latches. It didnt have a return adress, and was sent overnight. I am so confused. I bought a rear control arm and the guy said he would send me the latches if he had them, but i don't have the control arm. Thanks though. Are you talking about last saturday? I havent checked the mailbox yet. I never knew mail came on saturdays :). I'll send the gauges out as soon as i get the switch. I am making a trip to UPS today so i will probably send them out today.

TCMdocs944 06-14-2004 07:03 AM

Yup, last saturday.

The latches won't do you much good with the electric model but they are a hot commodity for those with the manual roofs.

Thanks for the trade. I guess it didn't work out in time for you? At least the problem will be fixed now. Where are you on this project?

Imwithstupid^ 06-14-2004 07:44 AM

Its all good. My parents left town for the weekend so i had a party. My friends and i decided we would all go down to Virginia Beach on Wednesday and stay until next weekend. If the car doesnt get done by wednesday then we are just going to take my friends neon. we were hoping to take two cars. My one friend is working at a hotel in VA beach this summer and can get us rooms a block away from the beach for $40 a night.

As for the project, i couldnt finish the car in time becuase i never got my control arm. I guess because of that Reagan holiday. I'm hoping it will be here today. The gauges are pretty much done. Every sender but the oil pressure is installed and working, as well as the GPS. I have the dash bezel done but i am waiting until i try to install the oil sender to put it in. If it doesnt work then i will have to change the gauges around because that is in the main cluster.

So really all i am waiting for is my control arm so i can finish everything. I will finish the rear first since it is in pieces, then while doing the front i will have access to the oil sender, then i will finish the wiring to the gauges and be done. All i will need then is to walk to the end of my driveway (it's a 1/4 mile that's why i dont get the mail everyday) and get the switch. Thanks again.

TCMdocs944 06-14-2004 08:07 AM

Hey, you can DRIVE to the end of the driveway then!

Good luck with everything.

Imwithstupid^ 06-14-2004 09:12 AM

I would drive if my car had rear wheels :)

todd84944 06-14-2004 03:35 PM

If you still need a control arm, let me know. I just got done parting a 83 euro and still have the rear suspension left.

Imwithstupid^ 06-14-2004 05:00 PM

I paid for a control arm and it's still not here. it was over a week ago. I checked my mail box and there was no switch. Did you maybe send it to the wrong person? My metal gear solid 2 game came and it was from England :)

TCMdocs944 06-14-2004 05:42 PM

Nope.

Not alot of Shawn Macannany's in the state..one to be exact.

Postman may not be putting it in your box (us postal express mail). I did not put signature required but sometimes they like to hand deliver overnighters. If it does not come in and there is no slip let me know.

Imwithstupid^ 06-14-2004 06:03 PM

i just meant sent the wrong parts to the wrong person, got confused, orders mixed up. I've done that before :) that's why i ask. I trust you sent it so i will send out your gauges anyway. If i dont get it, oh well. It's not your fault the mail man lost it.

Imwithstupid^ 06-15-2004 08:47 PM

i found out where the latches came from. i also recieved my control arm, which happened to be for the wrong side, but that is being taken care of. i am mailing your gauges tomorrow. still no switch, but that's ok.