Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to Trevor
I bought another one

Well, Tuesday I bought another 944, a 1986. It is in pretty crappy condition. It is definately going to need a new paint job and some interior work. First things first, I had the belts, rollers, pump, and cam seal replace along with new tires put on. It drives pretty well, has the usual na stutter (anyway to get rid of that, is it harmful?) The clutch releases towards the end of the pedal but doesn't chatter or anything, the master and slave were recently replaced so I figure it just needs to be adjusted better. The only thing the mechanic said is wrong with it is the seals on the power steering are crap so it leaks a bit of fluid. So I ask you, to make sure, is the fluid reservoir, from the drivers p.o.v. at the very front right of the engine bay in a circular canister? I'm going to put some of the power steering sealent fluid crap in there, I don't figure it could hurt any. I'm also running a thing of techron injector cleaner through the new tank of gas. I'd be glad to have any suggestions, I'm driving it to Indy tomorrow night so if there are any other things I should check let me know. Thanks, Trevor
2001 Taurus noooooooooooooo!
1993 325is
Old 06-10-2004, 01:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Is that a jag xjs i see in the reflection?

Make sure you carry extra fluids with you on your trip..as well as a small tool kit and mabey a manual???

Nice buy!
Old 06-10-2004, 01:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks, yes it is a jag xjs, it was at the shop with me. The car cost $1350.00 and I spent about $1400 on the repairs and new tires.
1993 325is
Old 06-10-2004, 01:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to gearhead290
Welcome back trevor. Hasn't been the same without your taurus loving a$$ and HEY, WHY DOES YOUR CAR LOOK LIKE MINE??? I'm so confused
Old 06-10-2004, 02:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Thanks, yeah I'm keeping the Tearass, it will be good to have a daily driver. I plan to get it in pretty good mechanical shape and then this winter prep it for paint. Have you sold your 44 yet?
1993 325is
Old 06-10-2004, 02:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to gearhead290
Nope, it's been sitting w/o a cylinder head on it. I have a few people interested in it, but I physically can't do the labor to put it back together. My back got screwed up in a car accident awhile ago and I can't bend over long enough to put it back on. However, I did take the liberty to port it while it was off
Old 06-10-2004, 08:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: