Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Control arm bolts

While removing the control arm on my car (following factory steps) the manual says i should get out the bolt of the rear of the control arm. I removed the two nuts, but when i looked in my PET system i noticed it's an eccentric bolt. I'm talking about number 4 here:

The manual clearly states: pull out from front, but there is no way that bolt is coming out from the front while pulling it. Should i just start wacking it from the back? Or are there more delicate ways to get the control arm off?
Old 06-10-2004, 04:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Bolt #1 and two bolts #6. You take #5 off of the arm after you remove the arm from the crossmember.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 06-10-2004, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I second that. That makes one very informed opinion and my useless one. Did it last night when I was replacing my motor mount.
Old 06-10-2004, 05:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Strange, the factory manual clearly states you should not remove the 'console' bolts, i think they mean 2x #6 with that. As i said, my 'mech' english is not that good, so i might just haven't read it right. Anyhow, i was planning to replace those rubbers, so it should come off sometime.
Old 06-11-2004, 04:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

That is what we are saying. Take off the # 1 bolt that connects the arm to the subframe and the two bolts that are #6 in this photo. That plus seperating the ball joint will get the arm off. Then you can remove anything you want.
Old 06-11-2004, 05:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: