Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

driver door Q?'s

ok two simple questions on my drivers door...

i had the inside door pannel off recently to play with my locking mechanism but found my window track laying on the bottom of the door, and it also made a clunking sound while closing the door. as for the locking mechanism i left it alone, and sprayed some WD40 on it to smooth up the operations but the door lock seems to be very stiff when i try to press the lock knob down or pull up on it. and also when trying to unlock the car from the outside i have to turn key and hold key to unlock position while squeezing the door handle lever. could there be a rod within the door thats binding, or is it just worn out? opens and closes fine but the lock is just stiff... (may pose a problem when it hits -40 below this winter)

and the other question is how are the window tracks that are inside the door held on by, looks like a wimpy tack weld. are they hard to re-aply? any alighnment issues for reataching em? works fine right now without the window track in there to help it go up and down so im just curious....

cant spell forgive my "hukt on Fonix" it workt gud four mi

in the process of buying a car and a half garage with a detached house and fenced in yard
03 Eclipse GS
Old 06-17-2004, 07:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: