Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Just thinking out loud

Juvy, SoCal, etal....

How likely is it that a relay, 944.615.112.01, (12v 25 amps) will work on this 83, and where? From the diagram I assume it's for the windows, however I've read that the relay reference charts in the owners manual could be wrong, and I'm not really very good at electrical diagrams. I don't trust the Haynes anymore, but it's all I have. 5 pin relay, the map has 30 85 85b 86 87. Thanks for the help in advance.

Last edited by mattdavis11; 06-17-2004 at 09:41 PM..
Old 06-17-2004, 07:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

It is for the power window system - no other application for it by the book.

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 06-18-2004, 04:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Just thinking out loud

Thanks AF. What get me is that I pulled it off an 85/1, and it was no where near the fuse/relay bank. It was to the right of the dme box under the dash. Where is the radio relay for an 83?
Old 06-18-2004, 10:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
winter-hater club member

supposedly, the radio relay for an '83 is above the pedals underneath the dash somewhere.... i've been looking for mine too.

"COOL PRIUS!" - Nobody Ever
Old 06-18-2004, 11:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Three relays up under the dash on the early 944's. The power windows, A/C and radio. This A/C relay is to disable the fresh air blower when the A/C blower comes on.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 06-18-2004, 01:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Just thinking out loud

Socal, does that a/c relay also control the condensor cooling fan when the a/c is turned on? Man did I open up a can of worms! Wishin I wasn't fishin.
Old 06-18-2004, 02:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
No. The one under the dash just shuts off the power to the fresh air blower. The AC condencer fan relay is with the fuses.

Check out www.frwilk.com and www.clarks-garage.com for a diagram of the early fuse blocks.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to bryanthompson Send a message via AIM to bryanthompson Send a message via Yahoo to bryanthompson
Has anyone put in an updated fuse panel that uses the newer style rectangle fuses? The only time we ever get down there is when there's a problem, but I think it'd be worth the work to replace it in the long run... or maybe i'm all wet.
Old 06-19-2004, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
I've seen product listings for the newer fuse panels but nothing directly for the 944. I would think that a plastic NEMA box in the battery/wiper basin would be a good project.
Old 06-19-2004, 09:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: