Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
suck my tail pipe

Send a message via AIM to Frank B
O.T. Graphic art help with logo

Hello guys/gals,
I'm opening a bike shop in my town, and would like to recruit the help of a graphic artist to aide me in designing a logo for my shop. The name of the shop is going to be BIKE TOPIA.
I understand that this is asking alot on a porsche bulletin board considering this isn't the correct format for discussion of such a topic, but I feel that with all of the good advice that I've been looking at for a couple of years now, there's gotta be an artist among the brilliant wrenches posting here.
Please respond if you're interested in helping me out.
Thanks, Frank
Old 06-18-2004, 06:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
Can't help you.... (couldnt make a logo to save myself)...

BUT I think you should incorporate your X-ray pics, the wheel chair, the pins used... etc
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 06-18-2004, 08:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

You will do yourself a favor by stating if you are paying for this or want it done for free. Logo design can be a very labor intensive process and whatever designers out there interested in this should know what they are getting in to. Roughly, a logo will cost from a few hundred to a few thousand depending on the complexity and who the client is.
Old 06-18-2004, 08:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

Thanks for responding.
I'm very well aware how labor intensive it is to design a logo. I'm an artist myself and am having trouble hitting this one cleanly and would like to get ideas from other people, if someone wants to get paid we can talk about that. I'm just having trouble with the feel of the logo for my shop. I could always just slam some block letters up on some canvas and call it a day, but I'm not that about that.
Old 06-18-2004, 11:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
FrankB, i have a car-less weekend ahead of me. Send me an email with quite a few details about your shop (bike topia) and i'll see what i can do. Payment discussed after it's done, of course.

brando (at) ogsth.com

"Drive it like you stole it."
Old 06-18-2004, 04:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

If you have some stuff done feel free to email it to me and I will play around with it when I have the time. No prommises but I am capable.
Old 06-18-2004, 05:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
^

"Drive it like you stole it."
Old 06-18-2004, 07:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

What kind of theme are you looking for with the shop? Outlaw, touring, middle of the road?

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 06-19-2004, 09:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

Hi Guys. THanks for the help, I like yuor contribution Wilk, nice job.
Juvy, what I'm looking for is to convey what I describe as BikeTopia, the feeling I get when riding an amazing section of trail, that bliss or a rush when you've just flown down a hill and you can't feel or hear anything other than what yuor bike is doing wich seems to be on autopilot guiding you safely like an old friend over rocks that'd love to pluck you out of the air and ruuin your day. It could also be that first time you discovered that our world was bigger because we could go somewhere by bicycle and cover more ground rather than have to walk everywhere.
I don't know what it is, I just know what it feels like to me although I know it means something different to everyone and I'm looking for some universal symbolic font to make everyone go,"Yeah! that's where I wanna buy a bike!" but that's unrealistic I know.
I'll post a couple of my ideas and get your opinions..
THanks again guys.
Old 06-20-2004, 04:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to perfecto951
Just to get this straight, these are bicycles Ė not motorcycles Ė right?
And is the logo going to be something that is up in front of your store as a sign, or is going to be something that will appear on products, stationary or will it be a web-logo?

Iíll do it for free because Iím sure you have answered some of my idiot questions some time or another. One condition, you just have to give me some clue as to what you want it to look like as far as color, style, ect. Iíll read your little description again and try to think something up.

-Jamie
Old 06-20-2004, 02:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

Perfecto951,
THanks, though I don't ever remember helping anyone with anything regarding their porsche, maybe an attityude adjustment here or there, but never a car. But Hey, I always appreciate it when someone steps up to the plate to take a swing, way to go guy. I'm lloking for something that can basically speak for itself utilizing yellow as the backdrop for the front awning, yellow is good.. see- McD's Blockbuster, People like yellow, it's a fun nice happy color, AND it's the color of the winner of the Tour de France.. Yellow Jersey.
I have a few ideas, but they're too large to post here..
Thanks
Old 06-20-2004, 04:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

well, this was before your posts. i'll work on some yellow ones in the next week. Yellow makes me hungry. If you want to keep any of the elements in these images just let me know.

I'm guessing you need something less graphicly intensive than what i have made.
jwboardman@comcast.net

Old 06-20-2004, 05:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Hey, are we allowed to rip ideas. I like the biker climbing the word. Are we allowed to work with that?
Old 06-21-2004, 06:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

how about this. 3 minute job, sorry- gotta get to work.

Old 06-21-2004, 10:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to 85944na Send a message via AIM to 85944na
I really like the biker climbing the letter, that looks great

Early 85 G-red 944na, S2 transmission, Ice Shark grounds, Cibie E-Code lights, turbo rear valance, 924S gauges, Turbo S full power seats, "Porsche" door handles, Enkei Wheels.
95 Infiniti G20 dark red metallic-for sale soon
87 BMW 325ic Bronzit, stock(for now)
Old 06-21-2004, 05:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

???? Just a quick idea.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

just some small input here...

the thing with logos is that they have to be able to reproduce on varying background colors.

I have like all that I have seen so far ...

Frank, I really like the way that Perfecto 951's logo stands out on that yellow, as well as the biker " Climbing ". That is crucial if you specialize in a mountain bike type of thing ... Ya' Snapperhead

Perfecto : I could have used your talents when I ran a shop in Atlanta for On-Site Sourcing.. we did allot of stuff for Coke ( The company ) ... sniff snifff
Current Stable 944 83 Kalahari Beige manual rack, short 5th gear951 86 Guards Red, pristine TurboYou must not anger the Porsche Gods - you MUST leave one small item unrepaired, lest the Stuttgartians smite thine car with bad Ju-Ju-AF Juvat

Last edited by Don 944 LA; 06-21-2004 at 11:27 PM..
Old 06-21-2004, 11:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
I like this one so far

Old 06-22-2004, 12:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

Hey thanks guys. Been away for a while working on the store.
Finally decided on a logo.. Yellow awning with stencil lettering lowercase letters.. biketopia. I just painted the outside trim black also fron t door is black now.. it will loks very clean/sleek when the awnings come back. I've had hordes of people stopping in to ask questions.. when/hpw long til you open..what are you going to carry etc etc.. I'm excited and very psyched to get open.
The inside of the store is going to be a one of a kind for bike shops, rather than do slat wall all over the place and paint it white ( like an emergency room waiting room) I've torn out the carpet and sanded the old beat up flooring that was there, it's perfectly "distressed and about 120 years old, so it has lots of color and character. as for the walls i've decided on a photo mural series shot in autumn ( my favorite time of year) for the warm yellows and burnt tones, it will look great with the flooring and give a strange impression that when you come into my shop it'll feel like you are outside, which, is where you tend to ride your bike. So, the bikes will be in there natural environment not ""merchandised" by making then the focal point. I'd rather have a customer make a decision based on how the bike really loks outside in the woods or on the road, it just seems more honest to me. As for handing clothing helmets hydration systems.. I'm going with chromed gridwall over the photo murals, so you can still see the outdoor effect. I know it's a risk, but I always take risks, I'd rather chance opening this style of shop rather than look like everyone else.
best,
Frank B
Old 08-10-2004, 05:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

I am sensitive even though I seem like a total moron..
well, maybe I am a total moron but I do have good ideas once in a while.. my last good idea turned into a broken leg, " Hey I gota hurry up and get outa here I'll be late for my tee-time..*slip snap!!"..
hello wheelchair..
Old 08-10-2004, 05:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: