Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Unhappy Fuel damper ?

I got my fuel pressure regulator and damper this morning, and realized that the damper i got is different from the stock one i pulled off. I guess my question is do i have to change the setup to the 85...new fuel rail? The stock one had a bolt going into the bottom, new one has fuel hose threads, or so it seems. Any help would be great.
Old 06-19-2004, 01:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Have to be carefull in changing out fuel rails as they are specific for the year. Some have even been changed mid-year.

As an example your 84 had a mid year fuel damper change. Went from a 944 110 201 00 to a 944 110 201 01. This was also a change in the design of the fuel rail the thus the fuel delivery and return hoses.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 06-19-2004, 01:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Alright the stock with the bolt is 0280161018. One i have is 0280161015. So it seems the sites description is wrong?? Says it fits 84', or is this result of mid year changes? Well in this case if i were to get a plug for bottom of new damper, wouldnt it function same as old one with closed bottom? Or should i just reorder
Old 06-19-2004, 02:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Alright forget above post...im a dumbass sometimes. SoCal both those dampers were superceeded by ......03 . So does this mean new rail? Has mine been superceeded? Or can i fix it by getting a plug like on end of rail for bottom of damper? Way i figure it if i dont cover it fuel will come spilling out of one of the holes. And in response to the fuel lines....haha... previous owners were so oblivious to fire risk, I found my self pulling on pre-recall fuel hose which promptly turned to dust in my hands.
Old 06-19-2004, 02:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: