Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

r134a conversions

How much do I really need the $767 R134a conversion kit? And what is the reason for not being able to just change the fittings?

I'm only going to convert to R134a because I can recharge an R134a system for free. So, unless I can convert it for cheap, I'm not going to worry about it. If changing the fittings is only partly efficient, and thats the reason for the whole conversion, then I'll still just change the fittings. I just need some sort of relief for the next couple of summers til I sell the car.
Old 06-20-2004, 11:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

If the system is leak free, and if the system is completely vacuumed out to remove the R12 and the oil, then a conversion should work, albeit not necessarily as good as it did before. I have done a few of tem here in AZ and they hold pretty well, depending of course on the condition of the components.

THere are a lot of thoughts on the process, and most are in the archives. Lots of interesting reading....
Old 06-20-2004, 11:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: