Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

What did you do Today?

as for me...

i changed out the Front wheel bearings. what a PITA job that was. took me about 5 hours, after getting everything back together i noticed i had warped rotors in the front. and to top it off my wheels still wiggle when grabing them at 9 and 3 oclock and pushing back in forth. come to find out my stearing rack seems loose inside or there is a spot where the stearing rack is striped out. any hints on how to fix this wiggle motion? is there something to tighten up inside the stearing rack?
it doesnt seem to affect stearing right now but could be a problem latter. car goes down the road straight doesnt pull from side to side anymore

put my cookies back on. i like that look better than phone dials. also have white letters on the outside of the tires (ill post pics in a day or two so those who wonder how a 944 looks with white letters will know)

also choped the top of the air box off with a hacksaw, just so i dont suck up dirt out of the fender area... but now i suck hot air, oh well, the engine sounds sexier now, more GRRRRRR , and if i need to i have a extra air box top.

i even messed around with my fiberwerks rear wing. with the wing in the flat position (0 degrees) it acts just like the stock wing, gives the same car feeling as to which you are used to. with the wing in the 30 degree slot it makes the rear end hunker down at 85 mph. also makes the front end feel a bit light. guess ill have to put on my chin spoiler now so it evens out the feel. (also i didnt go over 90mph and no im not bragging about speed just stating that with the rear spoiler at 30 degrees changes the way the car handles, for those minds which are aquiring aerodynamics(sp).)

all in all i was busy today, any guesses on what might be wrong with my power stearing rack??? i have anouther one but it seems to do the same thing. so....

cant spell forgive my "hukt on Fonix" it workt gud four mi

in the process of buying a car and a half garage with a detached house and fenced in yard
03 Eclipse GS

Last edited by adida(r 944); 06-27-2004 at 08:59 PM..
Old 06-27-2004, 08:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

did you do an n/a to turbo conversion on the robot?
how about adding a vornado?
Old 06-28-2004, 03:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

well, I drove 45 minutes to go look at a 83 gaurds red / linen 944 that was supposed to be in good shape for $2400..
I talked him down to 1800 over the phone.
When I got there, his girlfriend was in the car running it, I guess so it wouldn't stall.
Imediately, I could tell that it wouldn't pass smog.
It had been resprayed at some point and that was even faded and the roof was very bad. They even sprayed over all rubber on the outside and even got the radiator etc..
The interior was all torn up bad. Missing radio, speakers etc..
small ricer steering wheel
automatic tranny
now for the engine:
intake boot fixed by some sort of epoxy going completely around it. Air filter box repaired the same way. battery just sitting in the bin. valves ticking and a definate bearing going south when RPMs go above idle.
Belts probably on the last leg.

Bla bla bla

I was also on the lookout for socks and lamp cords..

so thats how I spent my day..
I was later thinking, I could give the guy $500 for it, but then it would be MY headache.

I hope others spent the day more productive..

Tomorrow, Nude Beach !! unless there is a socal get together.
with a stop at the driving range first.

(edit) oh, I also hit a full size tread off of a truck tire doing 85, now I have more of a pull to the right. I hit it as I was passing a car, it came from nowhere and hit just in front of the drivers wheel.

Current Stable 944 83 Kalahari Beige manual rack, short 5th gear951 86 Guards Red, pristine TurboYou must not anger the Porsche Gods - you MUST leave one small item unrepaired, lest the Stuttgartians smite thine car with bad Ju-Ju-AF Juvat

Last edited by Don 944 LA; 07-03-2004 at 10:13 PM..
Old 07-03-2004, 09:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to bluebullet
hmm today...

I finished putting the A/C back into a customers 90 Eclipse GSX (hes 30 and married..dont need a car with no luxuries). A lot of *****ing and moaning because it all went back together fine, cept for about 5 inches of a/c line where the intercooler pipes got in the way..lot of slow bending and test fitting.

Dynoed one of my friends cars...2004 Neon SRT-4..laid down 314 to the wheels...

Tomorrow going to the beach, then coming home to tear the steering rack out of the porsche..
Old 07-03-2004, 10:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I did this:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46136

"Don't retreat, reload." Sarah Palin
Old 07-04-2004, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Nice pics Sasquatch, looks alot like the country I ride in around Challis....
And a whole bunch of German scrap metal shaped like 924's.

Old enough to know better, and stupid enough to do it anyway!
Old 07-04-2004, 08:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I worked on my 944 until my compressor took a dump, so I spent the day buying and installing a new 7hp 60gallon compressor in my garage
02 Altima SE 3.5 - grocery go-getter
00 Yellow Ducati Monster 900i.e. 88 Chrysler Conquest TSi
Old 07-04-2004, 09:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Nabeel
I just got back from 944Fest. What a blast!
76K miles
color-matched fuchs

SOLD
Old 07-04-2004, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Hey Sasquach, I have relatives in McCall & Council. Nice towns?

Old 07-04-2004, 04:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

mjrobinson and I changed our belts for most of the day...that's until I cracked myself in the head with the torque wrench (while trying to tighten the crank bolt) and split my eyebrow . Afer all that, mjrobinson was nice enough to ice my head, drive me home, and explain everything to my wife Guess we'll finish on monday morning....
Old 07-04-2004, 04:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Today now being SUNDAY the 4th...

I played Golf

I haven't played in a couple months and used to play regularly..
So, of course I had a very bad round, but a great day of Golf.

When I pulled into home there was smoke coming out from the front of the 944.. gotta get that oil cleaned up before it's a flambe.
Current Stable 944 83 Kalahari Beige manual rack, short 5th gear951 86 Guards Red, pristine TurboYou must not anger the Porsche Gods - you MUST leave one small item unrepaired, lest the Stuttgartians smite thine car with bad Ju-Ju-AF Juvat
Old 07-04-2004, 04:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearldrum
Today I drove all around lebanon, OH at insane speeds with 50 other 924s/944s/968s.
Old 07-04-2004, 05:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

re-wired the fan electrical system and replaced one of the motors, and now it all works like it's supposed to - the PO jury-rigged a relay to power the fans (routing one of the hot wires between the fan blade and the support - what a dickhead - it got tangled up and burnt the fan motor out), when all he needed to do was replace the sensor to begin with!

Then I had to go and test drive it,,,,,,,, alot!
1989 IROC, Arrest-me-Red
1966 Corvette Roadster 427 4spd, Silver / Black

DRIVE THEM LIKE YOU JUST STOLE THEM!
Old 07-04-2004, 05:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Mein Gott!

Garage
Spending my time here in Annapolis, MD doing the family visit over the holiday thing today. Funny thing is that I can't stop thinking of the good 'ole 944 sitting under a carcover back home in Pittsburgh a few hundred miles away
1972 Triumph TR6 - 100% trouble free between breakdowns
2003 BMW 325xi
Old 07-04-2004, 06:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
aka 'vageen'

Garage
Hey sasquatch...

I have a transalp (like the one shown in one of your photos). Mine's goona hiot ebay in the next week or 2 since I haven't put over 200 miles on it in the last 2 years... We just don't have any Transalp friendly terrain in Calgary...
Yoosta have: 90 C4 Targa, 87 944, 73 911 ChumpCar endurance racer - featured in May-June & July-Aug 2016 Classic Porsche
Old 07-04-2004, 06:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Panzer909
Spending my time here in Annapolis, MD doing the family visit over the holiday thing today. Funny thing is that I can't stop thinking of the good 'ole 944 sitting under a carcover back home in Pittsburgh a few hundred miles away
Did ya have any CRABS ????
oh, I miss MD crabs..
Old 07-04-2004, 06:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Deplorable Member

Garage
Dropped a/c compressor and drained out the old oil (what was left of it) from the "big hose blow out of 2004" in preparation for 134a conversion, pulled front sway bar off (bushings dead, going to be replaced, still waiting for the inner ones to show up at dealership though), started belt / H2O pump / front seal job, generally cleaned up & degreased a lot of the old crud underneath, etc. Tomorrow I'll re-align my driver's side door (it doesn't close as easily as it should), finish the belts & seals & water pump, and hopefully get the new power antenna in.

*whew*

Black Cars Matter
Old 07-04-2004, 10:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
What did i do today? Pressure-washed my engine bay.

Aside from that, the same thing i'll do tomorrow... NOTHING! WOOHOO 3 DAY WEEKEND!

"Drive it like you stole it."
Old 07-04-2004, 11:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Brando
What did i do today? Pressure-washed my engine bay.

Aside from that, the same thing i'll do tomorrow... NOTHING! WOOHOO 3 DAY WEEKEND!
Did ya use one of those public wash places ??
The ones around here have signs that if you wash your engine, men with black coats come out of the woodwork and take you away !!!.

I need to take my ramps and the car down to the local place, if I can find one that will let me do it.
I have so much oil underneath, that I cam smell it 40 ft away and it started smoking yesterday. Note to self : carry extra extinguishers..
Old 07-05-2004, 09:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

I got crabs in maryland once....

....used to be in the army in dc
Old 07-05-2004, 10:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: