Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to Nabeel
Buy Mine!

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=142922&highlight=Nabeel
76K miles
color-matched fuchs

SOLD
Old 07-03-2004, 04:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

i have an red 83 944 5spd for sale.it has 43,000 miles . racing seats, a dash cover, one hell of a speaker system. 2 jl audios sub on a 700 watt amp. four speakers on a 300 watt amp. the timing belts have just been replaced a few thousand miles ago. i have all the documentation on everything i've done. the water pump is the updated, and i put it on. the oil cooler seals have been redone. when i first bought it the car i drove it from the guys house and parked it into the garage and tore into the timing and balance shaft belts.

i can give you more information on the car and pictures if you would like to hear more. i'm asking 5500 for it due to the mileage and general condition. its a sharp car. you may email me at mpassmore3@dragonbbs.com i live in ohio.
Old 07-03-2004, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

interesting... Being the the odometer is only 5 digits how can you be sure its got 43K and not 143K or 243K etc, etc, etc. I have yet to see a sap who'd pay over 5K for an '84.....I am sure there is one out there,..
Old 07-03-2004, 07:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Do a carfax or autocheck and see if it comes up a match.
Old 07-03-2004, 07:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

siberian... i understand the situation at hand. you are correct in saying that there are only 5 digits on the speedometer and because it does not read to the 10ths digit place, it would only be accurate for the speedometer to measure to the 10'000 place. most of us here understand the decimal system and thank you for stating your knowledge. i have a very good reason to believe that the mileage on the car is correct. the water pump and timing belts looked to be original and the interior is in good shape. the original front seats have been replaced with racing seats. but any car that has been in the sun with leather interior is prone to cracking. everyone knows about the problem with the dash also, it is no secrect. i bought the car in ny and the gentleman i bought it off of told me that the previous owner had many collectible cars. i have to believe that the car did not see more than the mileage stated. but thank you again siberian, due to you everything is clear
Old 07-04-2004, 05:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

you're welcome...original water pump and timing belts...wow..how do you tell???
Old 07-05-2004, 07:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Quote:
bull4u2me--Is the one your selling the 944 you got from your brother?
Yup Buddy.... its my bros car....
Its still up for sale. Just waiting for a few minor repairs before I sell her.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: