Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Porsche Crest 944 Spark Plugs

Whats the best Spark Plug to put into a 944??? I was thinking between Bosch super, Bosch plat. 4, or these plugs called Beru Silverstone. Which I cannot find anywhere.

Also my owners manual calls for bosch WR7DP but my engine sticker says Bosch WR8DP What that all about ???
85.5 944 Sold
78 924 (first car) RIP
Old 07-17-2004, 01:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

OEM is as good as egg fried rice from japan !

NotJustPorsche
Subscribe: notjustporsche-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Old 07-17-2004, 03:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I have splitfires in mine (from the previous owner) which under normal circumstances I would never use, and it runs fine, but they are definately overkill. The Bosch super is just a regular plug as good as an autolite. Every other car I own has Bosch platinum - I usually get 80 thousand miles out of a set and that ceramic head surrounding the platinum tip glows when your engine gets to operating temp and it self cleans...I like them a lot. I would stay away from the Bosch 2's and 4's because I have had a few customers come back to say their car ran like crap with them!
1989 IROC, Arrest-me-Red
1966 Corvette Roadster 427 4spd, Silver / Black

DRIVE THEM LIKE YOU JUST STOLE THEM!
Old 07-17-2004, 04:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage
i've had nothing but bad luck with the bosch platinums. it seems the center pin (the actual platinum pin) disintegrates quickly because its diameter is less than that of a sewing needle.

try pulling the bosch platinum plugs out after about 2k miles and inspect the center platinum pin. chances are it's started disintegrating into the ceramic sleeve. after about 5k miles it almost disappears into the ceramic.

they're really not worth the price. now the NGK platinums seem to last a bit longer.
Old 07-17-2004, 04:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
Plain Jane Bosch Platinum single-electrode seem to be the plug that most owners recommend
Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 07-17-2004, 04:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Macfreak007
My car had Platinum 4 plugs in it when I got it, those were one of the first things to go, bosch super copper's are what the factory reccomends and they are WAAAYYYY better!
Old 07-18-2004, 06:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
I recently put Beru Silverstone in my 88 944 along with Nology Plugs and a Nology Coil...The car purrrrsss like never before with this package...I purchased everything from 9x Auto ( 9xauto.com)

88 944na -- Azure Blue
MSD Ingnition System
Zimmerman XDrilled Frt/Rear
BB Headers & Cat Back Exhaust
Mass Flow Air w/ Ingen Technology
Nology Pro Fire Wires & Coil
Millie Cup Wheels and Kuma's
Old 07-18-2004, 08:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to 944imraan
Just replaced my Bosch platinum 4's with plain Bosch Platinums. I have yet to notice a difference.

--aside from the fact that I paid $10 for a set instead of $24.

--my first car
--limited slip differential
--cross drilled rotors
--omnimagnum high-energy ignition
--CB equipped
--laptop installed, seeking GPS chip

--keep the socks away from my car
Old 07-19-2004, 04:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: