Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Thumbs up I finally found the leak...no I need opinions

After spending hours cleaning and laying under the car I found the pesky leak. Its leaking from the lower corner of the Filter housing assy right where it touchs the lower balance shaft housing. You can see the drip form then run down behind the part of the balance shaft housing that has the power steering mount.
Before I pull the filter housing, is there anyway that bad relief valve seals could cause a leak to seap here??
Here is a picture of an N/A housing ( I couldnt get a picture of mine) showing where the leak is.
Thanks
Old 07-17-2004, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
It's the flat gasket that runs around the outside of the housing. You will have seal the entire assembly when you pull it.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 07-17-2004, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

thanks, thats what I thought.
Sounds like a nice job for the next oil change
Old 07-17-2004, 07:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Requires an alignment tool for the oil pressure relief valve bore. Think with the 951 there are some exhaust plumbing issues to clear before you can get a good shot at the oil cooler.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 07-17-2004, 07:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: