Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to ds475
Selling 82 928S

Hi all,

i know this should probably be placed in the 928 forum, but there are cobwebs growing on the threads.

anyway, i have 928S 5 speed that runs great, but the interior and the exterior are hell. paint job required, and an interior remodel are required.

i bought it for 3000, which may or may not be a rip off... i wouldn't know, i'm not well versed enough to know. i need to get rid of it asap and i'm willing to negotiate anything. definately a project car, but it did pass inspection in texas last month.

if anyone could give me an idea of what i should ask for this car, or would like to make an offer... please do so.

also, the waterpump was replaced with the timing belt. does not overheat. it has never been wrecked.
Old 07-18-2004, 11:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I'm probably not the person you want to sell to, but I'd probably give you maybe $1000 at the very most extreme for it.. only because I'd have to put all sorts of money into restoring it..

What kind of damage to the interior?

Anyway, like I said, you'll probably(almost definitely) get a lot more than $1000.. but if not, give me a call!

Last edited by Clowd; 07-18-2004 at 07:16 PM..
Old 07-18-2004, 07:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Give us a more detailed breakdown of what works and what doesn't. The problem with 928 is they can be extremely expensive to repair.

Where is it leaking oil (if at all)
how does it shift?
does the climate control work?
Does the electrical system have problems?

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 07-18-2004, 07:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage
is the water pump and timing belt work documented? you'd need proof it was done to get higher value for it. people tend to be a bit skeptical without paperwork.

is the emissions pass also documented?
Old 07-18-2004, 07:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

doesn't leak oil

has a slow power steering leak

it shifts better than my '00 ford ranger, but there is no reverse lock-out

the a/c control unit is bad (has been removed)

no electrical problems that i know of, but you never know

the previous PO did the waterpump and timing belt themselves... but i've driven it a lot in texas and have never had it get close to overheating

they don't do emissions testing in austin, texas...

i now see i was a probably a big dumbass to buy this car, but i had a dream of restoring it at the time, but i don't have the time (or money) to do it...

how much do you think this is worth? could i get 1500? or even 2000? i'd like to make this loss as painless as possible...
Old 07-19-2004, 12:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Hey!!
Do you have any pics to document the condition?? just to see what a buyer might be getting in to?? May possibly be interested............

1981 924 turbo.

1963 buick riviera...sled

03 trailblazer (her car!)
Old 07-19-2004, 01:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Depending on interior and exterior condition, this sounds like a $1500 - $2500 car.

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 07-19-2004, 05:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

i don't own a digicam, but let me try to get some pictures.

i've already accepted it as a loss, but someone with more money and motivation than i have could honestly turn it into a beautiful car.

i'll try to get back to ya'll asap.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Makenzie71 Send a message via Yahoo to Makenzie71
get pics..I might be interested in it.

I'm in your neck of the woods often.

the "baby" that comes first...
Old 07-19-2004, 10:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
ds475 ... im going to go out on a limb here, but i'd probably pick that beater up.

I'll trade you my 924 and any excess cash. It's half the wieght, half the engine, and half the headaches

Post some pics. I'm in SoCal and i need to ditch this 924. I figure, why not take the next most-expensive headache on up?

"Drive it like you stole it."
Old 07-20-2004, 09:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: