Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

starting problems

well i recently just got a porsche a few monthes ago and im having a starting issue, i got the car cheap and knew there were a few problems, just hoping that they wernt too big. basically the car starts strong, only that as soon as you release the key in the ingnition it dies. hard to explain exactly but the feel as the car starts is that its starting fine, its just that i dies as soon as you release that key. up to this incident, the car drove fine, then it died as i was leaving for lunch, i got it restarted, made it to my destination, and made it back to the parking lot for work before it died and is now completly dead and wont start running. my questions were what do you reccommend I check first as a problem, and links with any info would help a lot as i have never worked on a porsche before. btw i will have fw mechanics helping me with this
Old 07-19-2004, 01:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Sounds like a fuel pump, but make sure you do a search in these forums... I've found the best documentation on my problems that way.
Old 07-19-2004, 01:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

yeah i went a few pages back, didnt do an actual search, and i found a fair amount of problems relating this incident to fuel / ignition problems, my questions were which did people find to actually be the problem, eg which is more faulty
Old 07-19-2004, 02:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: