Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Rear Wiper Motor

Hi guys,

The rear wiper on my car has stopped functioning. When I went to examine it, I found that the motor is still trying to move the wiper blade but it can't because the "splines" on the shaft of the motor have worn away as have the "splines" on the wiper arm. Given that the wiper cover is a VW/Audi part (the part number is stamped all over it), I began to wonder is the wiper a VW/Audi part itself. Does anybody know the answer to this? It would be nice to pick up a new one at a VW/Audi price rather than a Porsche price for the same item.

Any feedback is very welcome,

Thanks,

Colm
Old 07-19-2004, 10:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Makenzie71 Send a message via Yahoo to Makenzie71
It's a possibillity...but most likely the parts are just something shared from the same bins. the last time it got replaced, the part on hand that fit was the VW equivelant.

Are you sure that the splines on the motor are stripped? the shafts are usually pretty hard and resistant to wear. Remove the arm and hit the shaft with a wire brush. It may not be worn, but the grooves filled with material from the arm. Also, replace that arm.

...or you could pull the wiper system out all together...lighter...

the "baby" that comes first...
Old 07-19-2004, 11:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

The motor shaft is well and truly gone as is the wiper arm. The wiper arm is not as worn as the motor shaft so I am putting this down to tight fisted previous owners who took the cheap option rather than the correct option!
Old 07-19-2004, 11:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: