Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
Smile just cant let go of my car.... (long rant)

today i took my 924S for a drive... it had been sitting in my uncles driveway for about a month. i had driven it up to OH first because i still had to bring my rx7 and and the 24 didnt have as much room. the past month i have driven the 7 and only the 7 and come to love it so much... so much that i was thinking of ways to get rid of the 24 so i could spend more money on my 7. today i had to drive to the town where my 24 is being kept about 1 hour from where i live, so i decided i better at least start her up so i dont cause any more damage to her than she already has. when i got there i walked up to her and she was even covered in cobwebs. i opened her up and rolled down the windows. then when i started her up she sounded terrible for about 10 seconds then went to her normal idling place. it amazed me how much she vibrates. after letting her run for a couple of minutes i decided to take her for a ride... once it was all done and even though i noticed all her problems all over again there is NO way i can do without this car! i love it SO much! that was one great ride through woods, hills and the twisty roads of OH. even if i decided not to "fix" this one up i would have to get another one to show off.

sorry for the rant i just remembered today while i still have a car with as many problems as mine.

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Trevor
Yeah, I know how you feel, my baby is moving on soon. :-/ I think it is going to a good place and I think the FRWILK chip will be a good addition.
2001 Taurus noooooooooooooo!
1993 325is
Old 07-20-2004, 03:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
When cops come to the house, they find the battered woman, bruised & crying. They then take the spouse's statement, put him in cuffs, and Miranda him.

Then the battered woman pleads her case to the cops, not to take him to jail, that she really loves him and he'll get treatment.

Old 07-20-2004, 03:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

We are all sick

Porsche - there is no substitute.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Makenzie71 Send a message via Yahoo to Makenzie71
Damn...Porsches and RX-7's...lol. (What year seven?)

There are two cars I've ALWAYS owned...Toyota Supra, Mazda RX-7. I've had a 84 P Type Supra (recently sold, cried), and I've had 6 different FC's (3 died, 2 were parted, 1 was sold...cried), and now own a 1989 Supra that has recently gathered some interest...when I sell her, I'm going to bawl like a little girl.

the "baby" that comes first...
Old 07-20-2004, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
its an 87 SE FC3S

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

My first Seven was an 87 sport....bare-bones, NO options, 2700lbs loaded with all my ****...street-port, port matched manifolds, RB header (then later my own shorty header, much better), straight 2.5" single exit exhaust, no mufflers/cats, Eibach coils, tokico struts, elec fans...etc...etc. I can't wait to build another...

Old 07-20-2004, 10:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

anf you can still hear?!

Old 07-20-2004, 11:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

haha...yeah. What's sad is I now make a full exhaust for them, for half RB's price. For $250+shipping, you can have a full exhaust from the ports back...straight through racing pipe and removable silencers with O2 and 5/6 port bungs. I'm encouraging many other FC enthusiasts to enjoy an un-hindered 13b's voice...lol.

ever hear a street port 13b with a straight exhaust?

Old 07-20-2004, 11:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to bluebullet
lol who hasnt..they run around in numbers around here (T&R racing is around the corner) and the turbo 2s are annoying....one left the gas station the other day in a blaze of tires and a VERY loud wastegate dump (louder than my car)....hit the revlimiter and shifted with a loud bang and a spout of fire that was about half the length of the car. Plus smoke like a diesel truck. rotaries just luv gas dont they
Old 07-21-2004, 08:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

i use my flames for tailgater control :-)

Old 07-21-2004, 11:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by scheistermeiste
i use my flames for tailgater control :-)

People would ask me about the flames from time to time and I would always tell them it was my "mad tyte naws setup, dawg"

Old 07-21-2004, 02:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Makenzie71
People would ask me about the flames from time to time and I would always tell them it was my "mad tyte naws setup, dawg"

"True Dat Playa, Peace out...aight!"
"Long Hoods Rule"
"RICE - The Breakfast of Champions"
Old 07-21-2004, 03:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: