Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Inside air adjustment - heat/air cond.

I don't have a book, so can someone tell me what the slide bars for heat and air do. The top one does what? The bottom one does what? What does it take to turn on the A/C. Thanks to All.
Old 07-22-2004, 09:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I've been wonderin that myself. I sort of have it figured out.
Current Stable 944 83 Kalahari Beige manual rack, short 5th gear951 86 Guards Red, pristine TurboYou must not anger the Porsche Gods - you MUST leave one small item unrepaired, lest the Stuttgartians smite thine car with bad Ju-Ju-AF Juvat
Old 07-22-2004, 10:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I believe the upper varries the flow fror the upper dash registers (Face), the lower varies the air flow from the lower dash vents ( foot ) . sliding to the left is less air flow, to the right is more. Of coarse the center vent slider controls the defront and center vent flow. the "*" is to turn on the compressor and the temp should be set to the desired low temp.

the recirc button( 3 circular arrows) has an odd note in the manual, states that is is used for cutting off fumes from veh. ahead of you and should not be left in that position becaust the windows may fog !!! nothing about it helping to recirc the cabin air to lower the temp faster !!

the manual also notes the "a/c" vent in the glovebox and to lower the windows when first using the a/c when the car sat in the sun all day .
..there is not alot of info there !!
1987 944S- GT3 BODY CONVErSION RED/BLACK( sold )
2003 MERCEDES E500 Sport "Einfarbig"
Old 07-22-2004, 04:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: