Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

driving on 3 cylinders

any danger in driving on 3 cyclinders..in case no ones familiar with my sitch i havent had success taking my car to the a private shop...so hes returning my car after having it a week and not finding the problem...so he said to pick it up...hes not charging me cuz he didnt fix it...hes only got it running and staying on when removing one of the fuel injectors...he says car runs fine on 3 but is it safe...

Traded - 86 944 Turbo Guards Red. RIP - 85.5 944 Guards Red
Old 07-22-2004, 02:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to fast924S
How could it run on three cyl and not of 4. I dont see it hurting anything, just make sure your not puting fuel into the dead cyclinder
Old 07-22-2004, 02:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
eh...I don't know. Could be kinda rough on things like crankshaft bearings too. Be better to diagnose it and get it running right. There's a lot of experience and knowledge on this forum.

What has been checked so far?
Old 07-22-2004, 05:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Most likely your Fuel pressure regulator failed and your pressure is to high causing the DME to overload I would look into testing the fuel pressure first, then probobly replace the FPR. it should be at 2 bar or 29 psi at idle and 2.5 bar or 37 psi with the fuel pump jumpered out.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: