Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

car starts shuts off UPDATE UPDATE!!!

Well a hearty thanks goes to those who suggested that the the fuel pressure regulator was the culprit. You guys rock and your help is appreciated. This is what this forum is all about helping each other out. It was indeed the Fuel Pressure Regulator and I cant imagine how much money I woulda been outta pocket without you guys. I was fortunate enough to get the aid of a certified porsche mechanic who concurred the suggestions from fellow Rennlist members. He quickly put a pressure meter on the fuel rail to double check and the thing spiked. So he said yep regulator is bad. 1 minute later new regulator put in car starts and stays on WHOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!
He said I would been raped at the dealer and said hell work on my car cuz he was impressed with how clean it was and how well maintained it was. He then took it for a test drive and remarked the performance on my car was actually better than his. Talk about a happy day. Once again RENNLIST MEMBERS ROCK!!!! Thanks everyone.

Traded - 86 944 Turbo Guards Red. RIP - 85.5 944 Guards Red
Old 07-24-2004, 04:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
I'm off the hook.....

Re: car starts shuts off UPDATE UPDATE!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by chitown944
Well a hearty thanks goes to those who suggested that the the fuel pressure regulator was the culprit.

snip

Talk about a happy day. Once again RENNLIST MEMBERS ROCK!!!! Thanks everyone.

I suspect that the help you got wasn't over there in spite of the fact that this post was duplicated over there too.

No matter, you got it fixed. I just get tired of the high handed member vs. non paying member bull over there.
Old 07-24-2004, 04:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Sorry forgot to edit post and replace with Pelican Parts Members. Honestly I was helped from both boards and didn't want to leave out the help I received from this board as well. So kudos to Pelican Parts Members who also ROCK!!! Thanks everyone for saving my a$$.

Traded - 86 944 Turbo Guards Red. RIP - 85.5 944 Guards Red
Old 07-24-2004, 06:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Mein Gott!

Garage
Glad it worked out for you. We're all about preventing these cars from going to the shop (especially a dealer). In a way, you can write yourself a check for about $200 minimum.........
1972 Triumph TR6 - 100% trouble free between breakdowns
2003 BMW 325xi

Last edited by Panzer909; 07-24-2004 at 07:06 PM..
Old 07-24-2004, 07:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Nothing like burning the candle at both ends. Rennlisters.... Here you don't have to pay to get help nor are you insulted about not paying.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!

Last edited by SoCal Driver; 07-24-2004 at 08:28 PM..
Old 07-24-2004, 08:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
I'm off the hook.....

Thanks SoCal. Was my point about the tone of the reply.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
I do haunt the Rennlist board and stick my 2 cents in once in a while. But not as often as I did before I was insulted about not being a "member" by listers with less than 200 posts.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 07-25-2004, 03:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
It is always good when someone gives feedback on how a problem has been solved-we all learn more that way. There is nothing worse than wondering what the fix has been on problems discussed in some threads.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: