Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

plastic cowling under hood

You know that black plastic cowling thing, maybe a foot by 3 feet in the engine compartment, closest to windshield, covers the blower motor for climate control I think. Do the windshield wipers (and their mounting bases) have to be removed first so this plastic piece can be replaced properly? Looks like it gets tucked under the wiper base somehow. I don't want to mess with doing it myself. How much labor would a shop charge me? Any ideas? Thanks

P.S I'm thinking they may need to get under that plastic anyway to fix my passenger compartment fan (for heat and A/C), it only works on the high position most days. The plastic cowling on my car is already cracked/busted up and taped together, looks bad, and leaks I suppose.

And they'll figure out my headlight motor problem too. I'll report back what they find, after I finish crying over the bill.
Old 07-25-2004, 05:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: