Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via AIM to fast924S
Angry The S takes heavy damage!!

Well looks like my 924S will be off the road for the rest of the summer, here is the story.

Being today was A nice day I decided to take the S to work one more time before I do the waterpump and belts, All is going well, work was good and I got out early. During my cruise home I wanted to take the long way home and go down some of my favarit back roads. Im about 4 miles from my house and take the last sharp turn and BAM!!!! A stupid DEER runs out!! I wasnt going fast approx 40mph but the deer came out to quick and to close I tried to turn hard to get out of the way but it was too late, SMASH!!!! The deer hits the front P/S corner. I sit there for a second and swear my head off. I think to myself "do I really want to get out of the car to see what the damage is", well I do and the whole p/s front is smashed, Lower valance heavy damaged, front bumper damaged, P/S fender Smashed, I call the cops to come and kill that dam deer because it was still moving around, I drove the car the rest of the way home very slowly. I got out and sadly look at my car. On top of that my family hasnt had the best of luck this year with the cars so I really dont want to go to insurance. But O well it was a fun summer now its time to put here away and start working on that GT conversion and some other mods.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pokey
Sounds like your car is totaled. you should send me your engine and all the goodies from your car so they can be put to good use on another '24S. Sorry for your loss...
1955 BMW R69
1999 Range Rover Callaway #011 of 220 (Yeah, as in Callaway Corvette...)
Old 07-26-2004, 01:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Sorry to hear that. Just remember, it could have been worse.

GT conversion? Are you going for the 924 Carrera GT look? If so, best of luck. Those things look great.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
My baby isnt totaled just needs some work now, THAMlLIN I am looking into the 924 GT conversion, it will be a good winter project.

I WILL REBUILD HER, I have the technology, I will make it stronger, Faster and better THEN EVER BEFORE!!!! HEHEHEHEHE

P.S No FR-wilk It looks like you have your hands full with the LAMA's
Old 07-26-2004, 01:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pokey
No, it IS totaled! -Storms off, stomping feet, arms crossed sternly, and muttering to self-
1955 BMW R69
1999 Range Rover Callaway #011 of 220 (Yeah, as in Callaway Corvette...)
Old 07-26-2004, 01:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Yes
Old 07-26-2004, 02:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to gearhead290
that sucks, get us pics. I say that if you go with the 924 Carrera GT look go with 944 fenders and quarter panels (look cleaner IMO) and no hood scoop (too american). OR, you could try something completely different, and get the fiberwerks front/euro front, and put on some riveted fender flares. But then you would need either new wheels with a lower offset or spacers for yours cuz it would look gay with flares and wheels that don't fill them. Never seen anything like that done on a 924 before, I've seen it on a 951 and I thought it looked PIMP. I can post up pics if you wanna see.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to bigyagi
sorry for your bad luck, buddy. i'm sure you WILL rebuild her, better and stronger!
bob.
2002 grand am--better halfs ride.
olds 98 royal brougham--gone, but not forgotten.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
the hoofprints on the hood are SO AWESOME.

"Drive it like you stole it."
Old 07-26-2004, 11:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Used & Abused

Man that has to suck.. Thank god we have small deer in florida! They don't do nearly as much damage.

Don't go to your insurance, they'll try to total it.

"Oh Bother," said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
there may be small deer in florida but guard rails can cause much MORE damage....i feel your pain man that sux. if you wanna see how much i feel your pain do a search on my posts.... i think id rather have your damage than mine though! good luck with the conversion!

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Sorry to hear that. I know you probably feel gutted (I was when I smashed mine in a 180 spin) but eventually you get the courage to start rebuilding it and when it looks great again, you will be overwhelmed with extreme joy and satisfaction.
Good luck
Old 07-27-2004, 01:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
so if he gets a dead bambi what do i get for taking out a guardrail?

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

oh ok i see how it is lama man....

Old 07-27-2004, 03:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

oh what and to be on topic... whatever happened with that bluequesti guy who hit a deer and did a turbo front end conversion?

Old 07-27-2004, 03:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by FR Wilk
[B]Like Air Force pilots that put the enemies flag on their plane every time they shoot one down, this decal is for your 924S door.
A buddy of mine has bicycles on the side of his. He has only really hit one cyclist, but it is a cool look.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by FR Wilk
Sorry............ Can you overnight me some venison packed in dry ice?
I think eating roadkill is only legal in Tennessee.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

until the police blew its brains out...

Old 07-27-2004, 10:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Sorrry about the damage ........

check out - do a search on my old car pics - I still able to take more close up pictures (for the 924 GT conversion) - mine was one apart from the scoop - which the new owner needs to install and also the air inlets in the nose - still got the panel in my garage so - just a pita do undo the welding spots ..... me and my friend will get there one day
Old 07-27-2004, 10:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Parrothead member

Now i know why they started installing those red warning lights on the deer around here!

Thatt sucks! I had a deer take out the side of my P.U. one nite.
I always worry about hittin one head on and it going through my windshield, because the cars so low.

Last edited by VINMAN; 07-27-2004 at 11:05 AM..
Old 07-27-2004, 11:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: