Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to bluebullet
My car is ghosted

So I finally get my intake boot and my speedo impulse sender in the mail yesterday (woot) and I put them in the car so I dont forget to bring them to work so I can install them this afternoon. I start her up this morning and drive away and lo and behold...the dam speedometer works. It spazzed out once so Im still going to replace it...but how weird is that?

Now off to find an odometer gear....

On the other hand, the radiator has a small leak now (somewhere near the driverside hose..I gotta pull the airbox out and take a look at it..im praying its just the hose and not the rad) and the exhaust smells weird more and more every day. Car isnt losing coolant or blowing any kind of smoke and the oil is the same color (not milky watery brown). No leaks anywhere on the underside of the car, but the car doesn't have a cat on it..so I wonder if Im just blowing the crap out of the system and the muffler (my muffler was on 2 of my friends cars before it got to me, and they all ran leaded race gas through their car so I wonder if its just burning off).

On the other hand, I found a mint interior (black leather 2way power front and rear seats, no cracks or rips, and dash with 2 tiny cracks) in a 944 that just came into the junkyard by me....for $300!! Time to buy a dash cover
Old 07-29-2004, 08:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I'll be installing my impulse sender this weeked. Hopefully it will solve my problem too. Odometer needs to be fixed too, but the sunroof and foglights come first!
'58 Cessna 175 w/GO-300
'98 Scarab Sprint, 4.3V, 62mph
'92 Guards 968 (my girlfriend's)

Gone...
'82 Camaro Z28 1st car
'84 VW Rabbit Cabrio & GTI
'77 BMW 630 4spd sport bilstiens
'84 POS Cavalier- drove to junk yard
Old 07-29-2004, 10:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: