Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Radiator Help

2 days ago i replaced upper & lower radiator hoses and water pump to pipe bypass hoses on a 1987 944na. Today I'm running errands and notice the temp getting hot. Upon inspection, I notice that there is a leak at the radiator to the expansion tank. Seems like the little pastic radiator to hose fitting (threaded on one side w/ nozzle on other that the hose is clamped to) cracked. Problem is that 1/2 of the plastic screw-in side is still in the radiator. Tried Easy Outs, about to try a tap and die tomorrow. Anyone experience something similar before, or have alternate suggestions?
Old 07-31-2004, 07:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Get a screwdriver in the remains of the hole (flat tip) and work it out. It is just soft plastic - easy-out will probably tear it to shreads.

Don't lose the fiber washer behind it - you'll need it for the new nozzle.

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 07-31-2004, 07:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Anything special about the fiber washer, or can any like-shaped fiber washer do the trick?

Also... I'm guessing i would want to do another coolant flush after the procedure from any plastic chips or shavings entering the radiator?

'94 Oldsmobile 88 Royale (winter beater)

Its not what you drive, its what drives you.
Old 07-31-2004, 07:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: