Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Burn the fire.

Garage
Unhappy I kill cars.

So, the 'ol 924 is out of comission. as soon as my friend's parents get back this evening, i'm having it and all of my things in it, towed home. It's not driveable and i was unable to attempt a minor remedy.

On top of that, the little '91 honda i was "borrowing" from my friend's parents, died today. In their driveway nonetheless. I usually have to do a 3-point-turn to get out of their driveway and i was doing such. Backed up, just fine. Put it into forward and the tranny shifts, then, putt putt putt -- 0 rpms. Nice. On top of that, the thing is about 800 miles past due for service -- boy am i going to get ripped when they get back

Anyways, I'll start looking for new transportation this week. Parents declined to co-sign on a loan. So i'll be looking at a 99.9% interest rate when i go the financing route. Any suggestions for someone who makes less than $1500/month and has bad credit?

Oh, and this is the cherry topping: Their laptop had a hard-drive failure when i went to boot it this evening. That one, at least, I can fix. I just happen to have a spare laptop HDD lying around at home...

Anyways: I'm looking at getting a honda or hyundai, used of course. Econo-box with A/C. All I'm asking for

"Drive it like you stole it."
Old 07-31-2004, 08:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to gearhead290
You're all going to hate me for saying this, even you brando, but it sounds like a Chevy Cavalier is the way for you to go. They're cheap, reliable, and did I mention cheap? Face it, cars are always 2 of the 3 thing: cheap, reliable, and fast. If a car is cheap and reliable, it won't be fast. If a car is reliable and fast, it won't be cheap. AND if a car is cheap and fast, it won't be reliable. I hate to put you in a cavalier, but it sounds like the route to go, you need something you can drive without trouble.
Old 07-31-2004, 08:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Dude ... WTF ????

ya got my #

although the 944 is dead still for a couple days..

Maybe change the name / avatar to schleprock (flinstones ref )

Anything I can do.. Money is non-existant.. 944 DIW ...

Anyway, call me tomorrow (sun) let me know what the scoop is .

Don

all is not lost my young padowan
Current Stable 944 83 Kalahari Beige manual rack, short 5th gear951 86 Guards Red, pristine TurboYou must not anger the Porsche Gods - you MUST leave one small item unrepaired, lest the Stuttgartians smite thine car with bad Ju-Ju-AF Juvat

Last edited by Don 944 LA; 07-31-2004 at 09:51 PM..
Old 07-31-2004, 09:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

here ...

Anyway brother...
The reason I have a 944 in the first place is that I had no transportation ( truck being repo'd - good thing ) and a friend had this 944 sitting outside his place and he bought it to restore, but didn't really have anything to do with it...
So, what I am saying is, A -- to --- B transportation is just that.....
Get that 924 going though...

Current Stable 944 83 Kalahari Beige manual rack, short 5th gear951 86 Guards Red, pristine TurboYou must not anger the Porsche Gods - you MUST leave one small item unrepaired, lest the Stuttgartians smite thine car with bad Ju-Ju-AF Juvat

Last edited by Don 944 LA; 07-31-2004 at 11:03 PM..
Old 07-31-2004, 11:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
thanks man!

I'm definitely stickin with the 924... as Gordon, Scott, SoCal, and Ken have suggested... i've invested so much money into the car, i might as well keep it (no way i'm going to recover money in parts). It may take me a month or four but i'll have a newer (and by newer, i mean less than 20 years old) car.

"Drive it like you stole it."
Old 08-01-2004, 12:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
dont go for a hyundai accent.... my mother cursed me with one of those once. it was a brand new 2001 Accent GL in the year that i had it it was in the shop at least once if not twice a month, all covered by warranty but still a pain to be without a car.

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 08-01-2004, 06:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: