Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to Makenzie71 Send a message via Yahoo to Makenzie71
Radio question

Lots of stereo problems...so I pulled the stereo out and discovered most of them immediately...too much to go into there...

I've got two questions, though.

What wire from the harness is constant power? The stereo does not save it's settings or keep time.

there are two male connectors in black wrapping coming from the harness. They have two points on each, a male spade and a male pin. The connectors are labelled with an "L" and a "R". Anyone know what these are?

the "baby" that comes first...
Old 08-01-2004, 02:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
red wire with white stripe. and everything will fit. what i did was make the wires a little longer then tuck them under the center consule.

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 08-01-2004, 02:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Re: Radio question

Those are the speaker wires.

Quote:
Originally posted by Makenzie71
there are two male connectors in black wrapping coming from the harness. They have two points on each, a male spade and a male pin. The connectors are labelled with an "L" and a "R". Anyone know what these are?
Old 08-01-2004, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Re: Re: Radio question

Thanks scheistermeiste!

Quote:
Originally posted by todd951
Those are the speaker wires.

ummm...to what speakers, then?

Old 08-01-2004, 03:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

They run to the fader control next to the shifter. If you're installing a four channel system you'll have to run new wiring, I'm afraid.. Crutchfield sent me a harness that fit on them, but of course then I'd only have 2 channels. I chose to run new wire. Only took me about a day...
Old 08-01-2004, 05:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
no problem on mine i just ran completely new wiring. it doesnt take too long either. for the rear speakers i saw you were ganna cut the vinyl, i thought about that until i decided to try and remove the rear windows. its a lot easier than it sounds, id try that before i cut something. the wires for the rear run along the door seals under the hard strip of plastic there and the ones to the front are really easy to find and route new wiring through the doors.

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I changed my mind about the vinyl. It would require a LOT of work to get it to come out propperly. I'm just going to build a deck that'll mount to the rear seats. I'll be able to build my sub enclosure and 6X9 enclosures into that. I'll retain the stock size 4X6 speakers in their original locations but will use pioneer units instead.

Old 08-02-2004, 02:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: