Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Last week an M3 this week an SL500

This has been a great week for driving new cars. This week my father bought a '98 SL500. This car looks like he drove it off the showroom floor, not a scratch on it. I am not sure what the hp rating is, but I know that it is an V8. I took it for a spin, and although it definately had some power, it surprised me how slow it felt. The throttle is kind of odd, when you first push the pedal you get almost no response, then it sort of kicks in like a turbo. However, on the highway I was doing 80 in no time with plenty of power in reserve. It may be that the response is so smooth that you don't get that plant you in the seat type of feeling. I always thought the SL500 was the sports car of the Mercedes line, but it really is still focused on luxury rather than sport. I know the AMG kicks ass, but with a car that small and a V8 under the hood, you'd expect some excitement. Just my thoughts.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: