Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Super Moderator

Garage
best wax ?

so the top two contendors i've been able to find for 'best wax' is malms or zaino. has anyone done a side-by-side comparison?

i recently ordered some malms and am considering ordering some zaino to do my own side-by-side if it hasn't already been done.

malms is here;
http://www.malms.com

and zaino is here;
http://www.zainostore.com

i'm looking for wax that not only looks good (high shine) but is also easy to apply, lasts long (not like gloss, which almost washes off with water), and doesn't damage your paint (like those new 'silicone/polymer' stuff does)

any other wax recommendations?
Old 08-02-2004, 12:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

S100 polish and Carnuba wax. Search for it, it's marketed for harley's but it works amazingly well on my car (20 year old paint!). In my opinion, the best thing you can do for any wax is apply it properly. Get an orbital polisher and do it in the shade. Polish, polish, polish, THEN wax. That being said, it looks great and i'm still counting how long it lasts. It's been about 3 weeks so far..
Old 08-02-2004, 01:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I've used Zaino Bros for this past year and I have no complains about it. Before Zaino I used Zymol and in my opinion the Zaino is better. You use less and it is easier to wipe off. Lasts pretty long in my case, both my cars with Zaino are garage parked. I still haven't found or heard of anything better quality than Zaino for the price so for now i'll stick with it. I have no complaints. Good luck, let us know ohw the comparison goes.
Old 08-02-2004, 10:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to bluebullet
never had a prob with meguiars....if you go to my webshots album and check out the differences the wax made.....it restored my paint like new...
Old 08-02-2004, 11:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Parrothead member

Quote:
Originally posted by bluebullet
never had a prob with meguiars....if you go to my webshots album and check out the differences the wax made.....it restored my paint like new...
I agree!, Meguiars is great wax, alot cheaper, lasts a hell of alot longer than other "premium" wax's. I used to like Gliptone Wet Coat, but the stuff didnt last.
Old 08-03-2004, 04:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
when i wax, I usually use Maguire's yellow carnuba wax paste for the first coat (protection) and then Maguire's Gold Class Mirror Finish liquid wax for the second coat (shine). It always looks amazing.
Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 08-03-2004, 05:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Burn the fire.

Garage
Weinall.

Pretty miraculous stuff. Was polishing my mom's black 911 where there were some 'rough scuffs' on the paint. Apply with your finger and smoothen the area out, gone in seconds. Finish up with stage 2 (finer compoud) and power buff to glossy finish.

"Drive it like you stole it."
Old 08-03-2004, 06:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I like Meguiars Gold Class also. Before I used to use this I would clay bar the entire car to get all the rough particles out. After this first initial step the car gets really smooth. Then top it off with the two step gold class and it works wonders.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: