Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
This stuff is FANTASTIC...

Just used Leatherique on my solid (but very tired looking) interior... The results I saw this morning when I went out to check it (left it to dry/cure for about a day and a half), are nothing short of miraculous. Frankly, I was worried when I looked at it yesterday, as it looked grey and uneven, but now that the drying process is finished, it is simply beautiful. Even better is the fact I just saved myself about 800 euro on recovering these seats
I don't normally plug a product, but this stuff is so good I have tell everyone. About a day for prep, and a day for application; anyone can do it... Just look...
89 BMW 325i, "das blau schwein"

"I'm not tailgating, you're going too slow..."
Old 08-03-2004, 01:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Makenzie71 Send a message via Yahoo to Makenzie71
The problem with this stuff is that, even though the dye worked propperly, the wear spots on the seats are still going to be there. Those spots are physicly damaged and no amount of dye is going to fix it...they're going to only get worse and worse until the crack.

You did NOT just save yourself 800 euro by letherique'ing your seats...you just added the cost of the dye.

FYI...Leatherique is VERY prone to rappid fading due to light. I would suggest buying some black(*not to match, just the best color) seat covers to slap over your seats to help retard it. Regardless of what you do, you'll have to redye in a year to keep it looking even.

It does look great, though.

the "baby" that comes first...
Old 08-03-2004, 02:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I guess some things are never as good as they seem, but for the cost I am very pleased. Even if it gets me another year out of them I will be happy. I would rather spend my cash on the mechanicals right now... As for fading, the car is always garaged, and never parked with the top down, so hopefully this will help. Thanks for the input though, it's the great thing about this board, people sharing their experiences (especially for a novice owner like me). Hope to see you in the chat room sometime
89 BMW 325i, "das blau schwein"

"I'm not tailgating, you're going too slow..."
Old 08-03-2004, 02:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
Anyone had the idea of recovering seats with suede leather? I have a pair of black leathers from an '82 SC that are going into my ride, but I just feel so horrible putting them in there, uncovered. Any suggestions (mine have torn stitching, not worn leather)?

"Drive it like you stole it."
Old 08-03-2004, 06:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Even if you have to do it once a year, it sounds like a worthwhile process. Looks very good!

Old 08-03-2004, 01:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

Lexol has served me well for years
Old 08-03-2004, 01:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Makenzie71 Send a message via Yahoo to Makenzie71
Leatherique, and Lexol (I've heard), both work well...it's just a "repeat as necessary" process. Leatherique has a major advantage over a lot of other dyes, though: It won't stain clothing if damp or something.

the "baby" that comes first...
Old 08-03-2004, 01:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: