Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Help me find a short shift kit

My 87 944 Turbo blew out the plastic shift linkage over top of the transaxle. Until I can get it replaced, I'm stuck with 1st and reverse. I'd like just to replace the entire assembly with a short shift kit, but I can't find one. Pelican doesn't stock one, Autothority discontinued theirs and Weltmeister's is on backorder. But at this point, I'm guessing demand dropped, so the supply dried up. Does anyone have any experience with any other kits or suppliers?

Thanks
Brian
Old 08-05-2004, 05:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to fast924S
http://www.lindseyracing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=LR&Category_Code=944SHIFTLEVER
Old 08-05-2004, 06:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to toolboy62 Send a message via Yahoo to toolboy62
I still have an autothority kit in a box with a f'ed up heim joint if you know someone that can replace it. I never did drive by there to see if they would replace that piece for me, and I guess if they discontinued it, I never will

nate
Old 08-05-2004, 06:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

fast924s,

Thanks for the link, but I specifically need a kit which replaces the linkage at the transaxle, like the Autothority and Weltmeister kits. The gearshift and the linkage between the seats is fine, its the other end at the tranaxle that sheered.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Fast...Try Auto Atlanta they seem to have all the hard to find parts for 924 and 944....I think it is ( www.***********.com ) good luck...also they are sometimes floating around on Ebay
MSD Ingnition System
Zimmerman XDrilled Frt/Rear
BB Headers & Cat Back Exhaust
Mass Flow Air w/ Ingen Technology
Nology Pro Fire Wires & Coil
Millie Cup Wheels and Kuma's
Old 08-05-2004, 09:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: