Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

may she rest in pieces

well, last weekend marks the death of my 944. there will be no eulogy, there will be no resurection either. this porsche is gone.

so the story behind all of this sadness is

i'm driving down a two lane road, hwy 56. it is a passing zone and the 98 Ranger is turning RIGHT into a driveway. This is fine i've passed many cars that are slowing down to make a right hand turn. i'm approaching her car in the passing lane and doing the speed limit, or close to, 55 mph. And then, oh what is this on the left hand side hidden behind trees, a YARD SALE. "hmm," i think to myself, "you don't suppose she is going to that thing". i quickly look up again to see a left turn signal now on and her car entering my lane to pull into some guys drive way. "about time to lock it up," my brain quickly ejaculates. so i follow the orders , but it was all too late, a second and a half of smoke from the tires and then an impact of me hitting her rear drivers side tire. no seat belt on either so i ram my head in to the windshield to keep from getting seriously hurt. What is a mild concussion to me? Luckily i did have my Jack Daniels no 7 hat on to keep the glass shards from being inserted into my brain.

The Ranger is now at the yard sale poorly parked in the guys yard with one missing tire. the girl in the ranger left it in front of my car on the road. Then the police come and write me a ticket. but i'm about to fight that in court soon.

I was looking to sale my porsche, but i wanted it to run. I guess that girl just bought a totaled one.

the whole front end of my car is wasted and the engine is probably shot since there was 6 quarts of oil on the road.

i will post pictures soon.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Old 08-05-2004, 06:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Re: may she rest in pieces

Quote:
Originally posted by early_944
Then the police come and write me a ticket. but i'm about to fight that in court soon.

I was looking to sale my porsche, but i wanted it to run. I guess that girl just bought a totaled one.

Sorry for your loss..........Hope you had full coverage insurance.
You may be the proud owner of a wrecked 98 Ranger soon...
And a whole bunch of German scrap metal shaped like 924's.

Old enough to know better, and stupid enough to do it anyway!
Old 08-05-2004, 07:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Oh jesus that's awful..
Old 08-05-2004, 07:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

the interesting part of the accident is i have a witness that saw the whole thing happen, she saw me attempt to pass the ranger. then she saw the ranger turn left instead of right. you can't do that, its just dumb, and against the law
Old 08-05-2004, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I'd try to get some kind of restitution...
Old 08-05-2004, 07:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
crappy, man, crappy

i'm so sorry. hopefully the witnesses will help the police/insurance company see things your way, and you'll get a nice big check to buy a "new" 944

think of it this way... they are worth just a little bit more now.
Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 08-05-2004, 07:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

What will really suck is that because you were driving a sports car, everyone will assume you were being reckless or driving like a lunatic. I was in a fender bender in the 911 while parked and the first question everyone asked is "What were you doing at the time?" without a glance at the guy that hit me.

Emanuel
Old 08-05-2004, 08:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Makenzie71 Send a message via Yahoo to Makenzie71
Sorry to see that.

Also sorry to make light of your loss...but I need some parts and, very much much, some sheet steel from the rocker panels. Want some money?

the "baby" that comes first...
Old 08-05-2004, 08:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
Oh my. looks just like my accident, minus 60mph and on the driver's side. I'm terribly sorry and i hope you're recovering well.

I hate to sound insensative about this, but i'd suggest stripping what you can off of the car for value before having it hauled off. Like Makenzie, i nee some parts too, if you're willing?

What color was your interior? Are all of your sunroof latches/hinges in good shape?

"Drive it like you stole it."
Old 08-05-2004, 10:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
A testement to how well these cars are built, sadly again.
Glad YOU are ok.

And the vultures begin to circle...

I'd be interested in some "parts" as well..

88 924S Guards/ Black ~ 10 years as a Daily Driver and STILL SMILING!
87 NA Diamond Blue Metallic ~ Gone
Old 08-06-2004, 05:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
*grins sheepishly*

um, yeah, i would be interested in parts as well

but i WASN'T gonna be the one to bring it up
Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 08-06-2004, 05:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to bryanthompson Send a message via AIM to bryanthompson Send a message via Yahoo to bryanthompson
^--- ditto
Old 08-06-2004, 05:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris_924s
... And the vultures begin to circle...
*CAAAAW*

Old 08-06-2004, 10:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Makenzie71 Send a message via Yahoo to Makenzie71
I've always wanted to get an ethusiast's meet going...such as a 944 meet, so to speak...and put a parts car in the middle of the crowd and yell "PARTS CAR!!!! FREE PARTS!!!" and see just how long she lasts. I bet it'll be much like those videos where they throw a cow into pirahna infested waters...

the "baby" that comes first...
Old 08-06-2004, 10:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
^ except more gore.

Old 08-06-2004, 11:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
i can just imagine the sound of 20 torque wrenches clicking simultaneously
Old 08-06-2004, 12:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage

Interior color is???

88 924S Guards/ Black ~ 10 years as a Daily Driver and STILL SMILING!
87 NA Diamond Blue Metallic ~ Gone
Old 08-06-2004, 02:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
oh please say brown, please say brown...
Old 08-06-2004, 04:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
Hey, if the interior is black, i asked first!

Old 08-06-2004, 05:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: