Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

For some reason I saw SO many Porsches yesterday.. like 4 911s(mostly older ones), 3 944's, a 928, and a cayenne, all within a couple of hours.

Usually around here you see maybe a boxter every once in a while.. so it was kind of weird.

Old 08-07-2004, 12:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
saw two Boxsters today... a silver "pre-facelift" model (no wave) and a black "post-facelift" model (big wave and a smile)

also talked to a guy with a 964 RS America. Said the 944 was his first Porsche.
Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche 987 Cayman S: Long-Tube Headers; FabSpeed Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body. Blue 1983 Porsche 928S. 2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
this 924 owner waves furiously at other porsches!! by-standers may be thinking im trying to put out an electrical fire tho..
- 17x8,17x9 Oz Racing Crono wheels
Old 08-07-2004, 09:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to bluebullet
There was a white 911 (early to mid 80s i think) on the Southern State yesterday, and he came up next to me and gave me the wave..so i honked at him and we went off, playin a little friendly game of tag at 100 mph . He went to get off his exit and he gave the thumbs up.

I got a dirty stare from another red 944 owner who lives near me....just looked at me weird and took off
Old 08-07-2004, 10:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Parrothead member

Quote:
Originally posted by Stan944
VINMAN, it's 'Boxster', not 'Bockster'. Maybe that's why they don't wave at you,
Yeah I know that, Just part of my Anti Boxter rage!
Old 08-09-2004, 06:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Dog-faced pony soldier

Garage
Out here whenever I'm on the motorcycle I almost ALWAYS get or receive a wave / hand extended (not finger ) by other riders. It's the Harley guys that are the d1ckheads; they never wave, never move over to share lanes with you, etc. Sort of the 911 / Boxster riders. Oh I guess since I didn't spend $30,000 on my bike and the outfit and all that crap I'm not good enough to be out here. . . I see.

Boxster owners are the absolute worst in Porsche-community friendliness - they never wave. Cayenne owners probably don't either, but I don't consider those real Porsches anyway, so I've never tried. At least I don't flip 'em off on sight like I do with all those rebodied Chevy Yukons (H2s). 911 owners are about 20% of the time (1 in 5, about that). There are some really cool 911 owners out there, but some absolute *********s as well (and I'm sure there are cool Boxster owners too, I've just yet to find 'em). Those things are so dime-a-dozen out here too. Don't see nine in a month? Come to SoCal - you'll see nine in front of Starbucks every morning!

Black Cars Matter
Old 08-09-2004, 06:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to bryanthompson Send a message via AIM to bryanthompson Send a message via Yahoo to bryanthompson
I saw a black Boxster out here at the lake and I waved, but I was in the passenger seat of my girlfriend's Grand Am, so I just got a strange look.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to toolboy62 Send a message via Yahoo to toolboy62
Hmm, I got a wave from an early 911 owner the other day... in my '62 Stude. And I usually look like a scary mofo to other people for some reason. I guess he must just have noticed me drooling down the side of my car while looking at his...

nate
Old 08-09-2004, 08:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Do you know whats worse than not getting acknowledged by a fellow porsche? Getting flipped off.

I was at this traffic signal, right behind a Boxster. I flash my lights at him, he turns around and flips me off. I did what any red blooded 944ian would do, I passed him and flipped the arsehole back.

What is it with boxster owners anyway? Dont they recognize porsches? The boxster is driven by two kinds of people. Rich chicks and balding middle aged men in their midlife crisis. Where has the passion gone? WHERE?
Old 08-09-2004, 09:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Makenzie71 Send a message via Yahoo to Makenzie71
You can always tell if a boxster owner is cool by one thing: paint-matched hardtop.

the "baby" that comes first...
Old 08-09-2004, 09:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

I saw a Boxter today. The top was down, but the windows were up. It was obviously an automatic because the driver had his right hand on the wheel and his left hand on his toupee. The SOB wouldn't even look in my direction. I pulled up in the lane next to him. He knew I was there, but wouldn't even look to see the wave. Finally, I said to hell with it and left him in my dust.
Old 08-12-2004, 01:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

You can't drive down the road here without seeing other P's. Especially at Tahoe. I have pretty much given up on the wave in the Porsche. I drive the crap outta the Rover and almost NEVER get a wave in that.
Discovery II =(usually) Trophy wife, 1.5 kids, a cell phone and even in moderate temps the a/c is on.
New Ranger Rover =former trophy wife, now old with lots of makeup and again the a/c is on in moderate temps.

Yep we have 2 SUV's and no kids. It snows here and I couldn't afford a Subaru when I bought the Cruiser. Other FJ Cruisers wave alot.
Thanks for letting me rant
92 Subaru
97 Boxster
Old 08-12-2004, 01:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

winter-hater club member

i never wave... its a utah thing. if you wave, you get chased/threatened/etc. no kidding. i got chased on the freeway by a couple of dudes wanting to hurt me. it took drastic measures.

"COOL PRIUS!" - Nobody Ever
Old 08-12-2004, 02:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

I rarely get a wave, but one night I was headed home and came up behind a 944 that I'd seen before, but I'd always been in my truck. It was raining pretty heavily, and I'm sure the dude was in the mental zone we all go to when commuting. I flew up next to him, honked, waved, and took off. Traffic held me up a little and I see him coming up. He gets next to me, honks and gives a big wave and a grin from ear to ear.

I forgive newer model drivers for not waving. If they wave first that's great. If they don't no worries. When I see older Porsches, I figure the owner must have a reason to be driving it, so he should be an enthusiast.
Old 08-13-2004, 06:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Garage
Every day I go to work at the same time, I live on a main road and the traffic que goes past my house. Every day the same red S2 lets me in! Usually after about 6 boxters have sat blocking the driveway!

( )'92 Renault Clio 1.4 :

Old 08-13-2004, 08:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: