Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
I really need some advice on this.

I really need at least one persons advice on this. Ive posted about it before and got little to no response.

I need to change the hose coming off my Power steering tank going to the pump. I need advice on which is the best way to do it. Should I take the bottom portion off first or drain the tank by taking the top hose off first ???

The haynes manual dosent explain this process at all. I also would think I need to bleed the air out of the powersteering.

Porsche says the hose needs to be retro-fited ?????
85.5 944 Sold
78 924 (first car) RIP
Old 08-07-2004, 05:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Driver

Garage
If I had such question I would call http://www.griffiths.com/porsche/

Of course he might not be helpful to a non-customer, but he really knows his stuff. Can't hurt to call and ask,

GHEN
Old 08-07-2004, 06:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Take the bottom of the hose off first and drain the tank. Then remove the top. There is an updated hose available - it uses a hose clamp and a nipple fitting on the pump, rather than a banjo bolt.

Attach the new hose, fill the reservoir up - pretty much to the top. Then start the car, turn the wheel almost lock to lock several times to bleed the air out of the system.

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 08-07-2004, 06:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: