Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to Jmasters
carpet removal

Hi, I am having trouble removing the front section of carpet in my 84 944. I was tring to get the carpet out in one piece but, it ripped on me, I don't really care about the old carpet as it is getting replaced with some good carpet. I can't seem to get the carpet out from under the center part of the dash, in front of the shifter. Does the dash have to be removed to replace carpet? Anyone have any tips on how to remove the carpet? , I have tried pulling on it , but it just rips, I have tried scraping under it, but can't get to the upper part, as it is almost touching the bottom part of the dash.
thanks
Old 08-07-2004, 06:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Driver

Garage
Take out your center console, it worked for me.
Old 08-07-2004, 06:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jmasters
center console is out as is everything else except the dash
Old 08-07-2004, 06:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
entertaining the idea

Garage
If I remember correctly, I think there are a few screws from the center console, behind the stereo etc, that are going through the carpet. Also you may just have to pull on the carpet to cut it, and pull the rest out from the other side of the console.

a well set-up 1983 Guards Red 944
Old 08-07-2004, 10:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I'm having the same problem. Seem like way up behind the dash is the only place where the glue is still good...
Old 09-29-2011, 05:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to msailer
It is being held in place by the heater housing. The three early 944s that I have taken the carpet out have had the same problem. So you have two choices. 1- Remove the heater housing and then you can pull it out, which I think would involve removing the dash. 2 - Take a razor knife and cut the carpet as close to the heater housing as you can.

Good Luck.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: