Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
Had one of those great drives today

Today, on my way to work, I had one of those rare drives when everything just seems to come together.

The air has been cool and dry lately (for August), so the 944 has been running especially smoothly, and has been pulling very strongly.

Today I got into the car while it was cloudy and grey-looking out... about 5 minutes into my drive, however, the sun was peaking through and the combination of the warm sunlight and cool breeze was ultimately refreshing.

Then I realized what was happening. I must have looked like a crazy fool with the grin that was plastered on my face. The 944 was accellerating stronger than it has in a long time, and I was having a blast carving through the Farmington and Avon back roads, completely oblivious to the fact that I would be at work of all places in just a few minutes.

It was just then that I also noticed the song that was on the radio. Mick was singing, "you can't always get what you want/but if you try sometimes you get what you need." Indeed.

Waved at a black Boxster, and got a big smile and a wave back. Maybe he was having as good a time as I was? When I pulled into the parking lot, I stopped to talk to the driver of a 964 RS America. Said his first P-car was a 944, and although he loves his RS, he misses the 944.

All in all, it was one of those drives that I wish I could have shared with someone, one of those drives that I wish could happen with a caravan of Pelicanites carving through the same Avon and Farmington back roads.
Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 08-07-2004, 08:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to bluebullet
dam i gotta come up there by you...some of the back roads out on the island are really nice to drive on (specially ocean pkwy down by the beaches...just take the roof off and just cruise..which i will be doing tomorrow on my way to the beach).

I want to get upstate and just carve corners through the mountains. Are there any by you? We should organize a run through the mountains like they do out west....
Old 08-07-2004, 10:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I also had an excellent drive this afternoon around the hills on Skyline Blvd Ca35 with a friend who had just helped me get the a/c going. Was his first time passengering in the 944 and he was stunned by the cornering ability of a 20 year old lowered 944 - that was after he stopped s#*##ing himself after the first two or three corners on max attack!!!

And then we could be nice and cool on the highway drive back home (had the a/c off for the twisty bits!). Also we got held up by a 20mph old Model T Ford for a bit which was cool - far more interesting than the hoards of lexus that seemed to be out to impeed our way!

So many times i think this is the best $2k for grins/$ i've ever spent!!

Lowered, adjustable KONI shocks, APE chip, K&N panel filter, Strut tower brace, Blue Fuchs (+ anything else i've not discovered yet!)
http://photos.yahoo.com/shineyblue944
Old 08-07-2004, 11:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to bigyagi
yes, i very much agree. the "grin" factor of these cars is just great. i remember one particular day, last summer, as i was driving into work, for afternoon shift. really sunny day, and perfect temperature. my car was running perfectly, and as i approached my work, i looked over, and then did a "drive-by". i dropped it into third, and hit the loud pedal and drove on by my work. i drove her all over, that evening!
bob.
2002 grand am--better halfs ride.
olds 98 royal brougham--gone, but not forgotten.
Old 08-08-2004, 03:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: