Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Cool New 951 owner! FINALLY!

Well, no more standing on the outside looking in for me! Yesterday I picked up an '86 951. It's Graphite black w/ a black leather interior and phonedials. It has an almost complete set of records, original roadside kit (jack, tools, air pump, etc), manuals and service record book as well as quite a few other things. Looks like from the records it's a 3 owner car, but all 3 owners seem to have been extremely meticulous about maintenance and taken care of everything at the factory specified intervals. All fluids, belts, clutch, etc have been replaced or checked and resealed as they should have. All of that stuff was also checked and replaced the proper number of times that a 951 of that mileage should have. At $6.9k I think it was a great deal, and I am extremely happy to finally have a Porsche I can drive considering the 914 I was rebuilding was a lost cause.

The only items this car needs is new rotors/pads and new shocks/struts but other than that it's perfect condition. I'll post pics later tonight.
Old 08-08-2004, 03:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to will944
Welcome aboard. Nice purchase!!

How many miles are on the car?
87 951
C3 Stingray
Old 08-08-2004, 03:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

It has 159k mi. Normally I would be pretty cautious with any car that has that many miles. I know 944's in general can be just fine with that many miles, as long as all the proper maintenance is completed, which it was on mine. All the work done on the car by the previous owner was performed by Zim's Autotechnik in Dallas, TX and I have the receipts as proof. Because of that, I was much more at ease with the purchase.

Old 08-08-2004, 11:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Old 08-08-2004, 11:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
very sexy beast you have there...

What all service has been done by the records? I mean, besides timing belts and waterpumps?

"Drive it like you stole it."
Old 08-09-2004, 05:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Just thinking out loud

Very nice! Please don't point and laugh too hard when you pass me on the road.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I wouldn't laugh, but I'd point and give the thumbs up! I would have been perfectly happy with an n/a 944 as well. Actually, I think I might almost like n/a 944's better due to the power difference, since you can drive them a lot harder and not double the speed limit within a couple of seconds!

The oil pan was also removed on my 951 to check the bottom end components, and it was resealed. The turbo was also removed, checked and reinstalled/resealed.

Mattdavis11, is there any sort of 944 or other local Austin Porsche "club" rather than the HCR PCA? I am going to join the PCA and participate in events, but I like to hangout with fellow enthusiasts a little more often than PCA events seem to take place.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

Quote:
Originally posted by Porschefile
I think I might almost like n/a 944's better due to the power difference, since you can drive them a lot harder and not double the speed limit within a couple of seconds!
you could always try go-karts
Old 08-09-2004, 03:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: