Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Redoing interior .. passinger seat rails rusted

Ugh .... so I have fixed the rusted battery box that PO let basically destroy the interior. I have a replacement set of carpets and thought i'd start today putting them in. I removed the driver's seat no problem but the passenger seat is slid 90% to the rear and the rails / seat are all rusted in place. Can't et the seat back quite far enough to remove the front and the rear bolts are unreachable. I sprayed WD40 as best icould down the rails but seat still stuck in place even after judicious rocking. I think I'm screwed on this one .. any thoughts guys? BTW i didn't realive I would have to remove the center console to get out the carpet .. yikes, thats gonna haunt me at a latter time lol

Thanx,
Mitch
Old 08-08-2004, 04:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Driver

Garage
WD-40 is great stuff but not necessarily the best for this. There are other penetrating oils to use (liquid wrench etc.) It takes time but you'll get there.

Someone here used a jack wedged in from the rear, for when the going gets tough :-) Try the penetrating oils 1st.

GHEN
Old 08-08-2004, 06:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: